Accidentally ate raw chicken :/ Watch

This discussion is closed.
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I got a Breaded chicken Kiev and put it in the oven and followed the instructions (cook for half an hour) and ate about half of it and got to the centre and saw that it was fully raw , that hadn't cooked, and I hadn't noticed because it was breaded and thought it would be okay as I followed the instructions. I can't have eaten much of the raw chicken bit because otherwise I wouldve noticed but by looking at it I had eaten a bit.. What do I do? Try throw up? :/
Left Hand Drive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And you're still pulling the feathers out of your teeth?!
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
are you serious??
SugarPuffs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope you die from being such a **** cook... joke
username334839
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
eat raw fox so it eats the raw chicken
MutantGecko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i ate a raw sausage at a new years eve party once and i was fine..
but iv had campila bacta and i think that was from chicken.. :/
Student2806
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by insignificant)
So I got a Breaded chicken Kiev and put it in the oven and followed the instructions (cook for half an hour) and ate about half of it and got to the centre and saw that it was fully raw , that hadn't cooked, and I hadn't noticed because it was breaded and thought it would be okay as I followed the instructions. I can't have eaten much of the raw chicken bit because otherwise I wouldve noticed but by looking at it I had eaten a bit.. What do I do? Try throw up? :/
I wouldn't worry too much. Sounds like you stopped just in time, and presumably the bits you did eat were cooked. It's not like you've eaten a whole raw chicken.
You might get a bit of stomachache. Any worse i.e. you start being constantly sick, then it's to see the doctor.
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah yes, BBQ season is here and I've been invited to one.

The guy can cook well so I hope it transfers to his BBQ skills.
Crazy Paving
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't worry too much, I did this before, and have had no side effects from it, seeing as I stopped as soon as I noticed.
member520746
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you get ill then you will be sick anyway so there is no need to induce vomiting. Chances are you will be okay if you only had a bit and you are otherwise fit and healthy.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I regularly eat chicken raw and I've never been that ill. I suffer from cancer now but I doubt it's related.
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cravez)
Haha Genius!
supabof93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It wouldn't be properly raw, since if you bought and cooked it yourself then chances are it was precooked when it was manufactured. Don't panic
Instincts_2012
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Better eat a raw dragon to finish it all off.
Vanbrugh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Raw chicken won't by default make you sick. It is just that raw chicken you are much more likely to find salmoella bacteria that will make you ill.

I've accidentally eaten raw chicken before and was fine. Nevertheless, as you know, avoid raw chicken where possible.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I doubt it was fully raw. Don't worry about it, i'm sure you'll be fine. Unless you start projectile vomiting within the next hour or so then i doubt anything bad will happen.

I bought a chicken kebab once and was half way through munching it and noticed this really chewy bit of chicken. I spat it out and it was totally raw. And no doubt the bits i ate before were slightly raw. I started getting worried like you but it turned out that i litterally didn't even feel slightly sick.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah, you beat me to it. ****.
username547863
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
make yourself sick
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For those in doubt, the raw part was fully raw , as in pink fleshy rubbery horribleness.
v-zero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You will definitely die.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads