Can you have hepatitis for more than six months? Watch

Cool story bro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A, B, C etc. even if it's treated early on?
Cool story bro
Rep:
?
bump
jjarvis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes.
Cool story bro
Rep:
?
(Original post by jjarvis)
Yes.
How do you know you're a lawyer.
Cool story bro
Rep:
?
bump
Cool story bro
Rep:
?
bumb
Nick1sHere
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes
Cool story bro
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nick1sHere)
Yes
how do you know?
Persephone9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hep B and C can become chronic infections, A can't. There are also lots of other non viral causes of chronic hepatitis. So yes, you can.
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hepatitis A is usually caught by putting something in your mouth that has been contaminated with the stools (faeces) of someone with hepatitis A.
It is usually an acute (short-term) infection. Although the symptoms can be unpleasant, it is rarely serious. Vaccinations for hepatitis A are available.

Hepatitis B is not very common in the UK: approximately one in 1,000 people are thought to have the virus.
The vast majority of people who are infected with hepatitis B are able to fight off the virus and fully recover from the infection within a couple of months. Vaccinations for hepatitis B are available.

The course of hepatitis C is unpredictable: some people fight off the infection and experience no ill health. Others may develop liver damage, which sometimes progresses to cirrhosis (severe scarring of the liver) and even liver failure. There is currently no vaccine to prevent hepatitis C.
Treatment with drugs called interferon and ribavirin can clear the infection in approximately half of those who are infected, but there are significant side effects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise