The Student Room Group

My boyfriend shoots rabbits?

I can't make up my mind if I'm okay with this or not.
Do you think it's right?
I admit I eat meat.
But hate the thought of animals suffering.
Is this humane? But then a lot of people do it so am I just making a big deal out of it?

Scroll to see replies

Animals are killed everyday for our consumption. Whats the difference?
Reply 2
As long as he is not just doing it for the fun.
Adorable rabbits.
It's fine. Perhaps you should not think too much of it.
Reply 3
Well it'd be a problem if he shot them and just left them... If he's shooting them for consumption then perhaps it's not as big a deal.
Original post by Anonymous

If he's a good shot there is no suffering. It's far more humane than the way animals are killed in abbatoirs :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Does this make you feel worse?
Reply 6
If he does it for fun, that's just cruel. But It's ur choice
Super Bunny has spoken....

If he carries on, ****s gonna go down!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
You're eating meat so you're a massive huge hypocrite and have no right to any opinion other than 'killing animals in any way' is ok.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Rabbit is rather tasty - makes good pies. Hopefully he is killing for consumption, which should be applauded in this day and age.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Why does he shoot them? For fun? Or does he own a farm where rabbits dig up and ruin the crops? Or does he shoot them to eat? And also, is it quick and painless for them or does he do it cruelly??

If its the latter 2 i think i could get past it, if its just for fun and he did it in a cruel and inhumane way then thats the problem
Original post by The.Prophet
You're eating meat so you're a massive huge hypocrite and have no right to any opinion other than 'killing animals in any way' is ok.

So people who eat humanely slaughtered meat have no right to object to any cruel torturing and killing of animals or any other animal abuse? ok.....
Reply 12
Rabbit is one of the healthiest sources of meat available.

too bad its so expensive otherwise i'd eat more of it. =/

But i don't agree in killing animals for fun, thats just stupid.
The rabbit population does need to be controlled. Shooting them is a damn sight more humane than using snares or putting a dose of myxomatosis into the population (it's not a quick death)
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
So people who eat humanely slaughtered meat have no right to object to any cruel torturing and killing of animals? ok.....

Take this analogy.

People are eating children, and then complain when the children are being tortured.

It's not really sensible.

If you cared you wouldn't eat children (animals)

And do not comeback with humans 'NEED' to eat animals. They don't.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Okay. Just thought that most animals are killed humanely when for consumption, and the idea of an animal being shot at from a distance would end up suffering a whole lot worse, as wouldn't be as reliable. Just felt uneasy.
Do you think it's right?
I admit I eat meat.
Is this humane? But then a lot of people do it so am I just making a big deal out of it?

I know some people who shoot but are vegetarians that is quite odd to me, but then the animals are eaten by someone just not them, so it is not like the deaths were for nothing.
Reply 17

Bullet to the head is humane. They are pests anyway.
Killing for fun isint healthy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Do you think it's right?
I admit I eat meat.

ahah man up! Shooting is awesome... it is a country pursuit. Also they're a pest and need to be controlled + they taste wonderful!
Original post by The.Prophet

You're a moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending