Loughborough, Nottingham Trent of Sheffield Hallam to study Product Design? Watch

indiecindy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm still having the debate between choosing which of these three unis to study at. I was wondering if anyone could give me pros and cons if they are at these unis or even doing the course. Info on how good course is, student life etc.

Thanks,

Stef
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loughborough!
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loughborough, completely unbiased of course
indiecindy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How is loughborough in the sense of a student life? I'm worried about it being 'campus based' that i will get bored of the same places etc, do many people go into nott or leic for nights out?
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by indiecindy)
How is loughborough in the sense of a student life? I'm worried about it being 'campus based' that i will get bored of the same places etc, do many people go into nott or leic for nights out?
When I went on the open day there was lots to do on campus and has a really good students union apparently. It has 2 nightclubs on campus and a few in the town but its quite easy to get into Leicester/Nottingham.
Félix_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loughborough!
mc1000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
When I went on the open day there was lots to do on campus and has a really good students union apparently. It has 2 nightclubs on campus and a few in the town but its quite easy to get into Leicester/Nottingham.
3, actually :P

(Original post by indiecindy)
I'm still having the debate between choosing which of these three unis to study at. I was wondering if anyone could give me pros and cons if they are at these unis or even doing the course. Info on how good course is, student life etc.

Thanks,

Stef
For prestige, I'd definitely reccommend Loughborough. By far the most respected uni out of the three.
Félix_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mc1000)

For prestige, I'd definitely reccommend Loughborough. By far the most respected uni out of the three.
That too!
SpriteOrSevenUp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loughborough
ultimate mashup
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1. Loughborough
2. Nottingham Trent
3. Sheffield Hallam
yeahyeahyeahs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Loughborough
spacemansam
Report 7 years ago
i study product design BSc at loughborough and i would think it was fair to say its hard work. very time consuming course. But in the end if you come out with a decent degree then you've got it from probably the most respected Product design course in the country. f its the BSc youre looking to study beware of the massive differences in the workload of BSc and the BA Industrial designers. Im in my second year and i still have 2 exams in mechanics and electronics whilst the BA are finished for the year and have no exams. Mechanics and Electronics will give you a headache every week. sometimes i wish i had chosen to study the BA but i suppose there is some sense of acheivement in finally getting the right reults.

In terms of the actual campus/town the campus is nice. good sports facilities a couple of shops and decent student union night and day. My second choice was Nottingham Trent and i liked it there very much but it was the accolade of studying at Loughborough that made me choose here. I have to say i dont rate the town considering a quarter or more of the population are probably students. Its great for supermarkets takeaways and theres a few small but decent clubs but the shops are pretty poor. i am from a city originally and miss the noise, bustle and shops so i would recommend nottingham trent from that point of view. still a good course i beleive. my girlfriend is at nottingham trent and she loves it and its a great night out and plenty of students.

Cant say i know much about Hallam. Anyway its down to you in the end. Loughborough has won top student experience several years running and most people rate it massively. nottingham or loughborough i would say.

Hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads