How to suggest to my parents that my boyfriend and I go away for a few days? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was hoping to go away with my boyfriend for a few days sometime in the summer perhaps, in England, probably in Wales or something. We'll have been together for a year in July, so I was thinking it'd be nice go away to celebrate that and our birthdays are around that time also. The only problem there will be I think will be my parents and possibly his, we'll be 17 by then also, but I think they'll be funny about it all. Can anyone give me some tips on how to persuade them to let us go? Thanks
The TSR Star.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol good luck.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How about.. as your leaving because you have already planned it you just say 'bye'

Seems simple enough.
Shippy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just say you'll pay for it all by yourself etc.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why not go with a friend and her boyfriend? ..and tell them you're sleeping in her room? Sorry if you don't want to lie to them, but it's what I'd do.
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Germany with a lady when I was 16.

Yay for sensible parents.
Hanvyj
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My parents were fine with me doing stuff like this... Why do some parents distrust their kids so much?
ThemThereEyes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're paying for it what can they say ?

Other than that going with another couple is a good idea. I guess it all depends on whether they know/ you are sleeping together or not.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by ThemThereEyes)
If you're paying for it what can they say ?

Other than that going with another couple is a good idea. I guess it all depends on whether they know/ you are sleeping together or not.
Saying we'll be paying for it is probably the best option as I don't have any really close friends that I'd potentially go away with that have boyfriends so :s I guess I'll have to just explain that we've been together for a while now and we're mature etc etc I suppose. Thanks
foldingstars45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was hoping to go away with my boyfriend for a few days sometime in the summer perhaps, in England, probably in Wales or something. We'll have been together for a year in July, so I was thinking it'd be nice go away to celebrate that and our birthdays are around that time also. The only problem there will be I think will be my parents and possibly his, we'll be 17 by then also, but I think they'll be funny about it all. Can anyone give me some tips on how to persuade them to let us go? Thanks
Just tell them, face the awkward/embarrassing questions, then they might let you go as long as you convince them how trustworthy you are
Charlottelisabeth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shippy)
just say you'll pay for it all by yourself etc.
Your sig = Grey's Anatomy <3
goddogit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'dad my boyfriend and me are going away for a few days'
Shippy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
Your sig = Grey's Anatomy <3
Your sig! I love Serendipity! Such a cute movie
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by goddogit)
Have fun kids!
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Hey, just letting you know *insert name* and I are planning to go away for a couple of days in the summer somewhere in the UK, nothing fancy, to celebrate being together a year and also our 17th birthdays, that okay?"

If they then object, that's when you try the whole "Oh come on be reasonable, we're both mature enough to handle a 2 day trip in England somewhere. And we'll be paying for it ourselves*"

If no objection - "thanks" and when the time is appropriate "bye"

*this bit may or may not be true
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mom,dad I want to bone my boyfriend while you're not in a 50 km radius of us.
goddogit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hxecute)
Have fun kids!
'take my stock of condoms from my bedside drawer...i dont get to use them anyway'
ilyking
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have asain parents
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by goddogit)
'...boyfriend and I are going...'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.36%
No - but I will (21)
5.56%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (184)
48.68%

Watched Threads