When Do I do Work experience? Watch

MattA147
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys just a quick one. So I am in Year 9 at the moment and already have plans for university (Medicine at KCL) and was wondering when I get to do Work experience as I would like to do work experience either at a pharmacy, medical practice and the like?

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bardem
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Year 10.

Hard to get into medical places cause of insurance and H&S etc.
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In regards to Secondary School, work experience is usually done in Year 10. You'll have an Assembly or something similar about it, and then you'll be able to sort it all out, prepare your CV, etc. Can't hurt to get some early nods towards placements, though.

For example, I was preparing a list of bike shops to go to around five months before we were due to do work experience. Usually its done in June/July, so you've over a year. But again, can't hurt to have some early preparations.
alastairq
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can organise work experience yourself whenever you want. You don't need to wait for the school give you a week off school to do it; just do it in the summer holiday.
theseeker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Year 10/11, ask your school if they organise anything.
TheBritishBloke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Year question has already been answered, but realistically I can't see any medical firm taking you on at 14/15 for work experience due to insurance and trust issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed