Is it normal to question uni once you've got a place? Watch

RosiL
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am really worried have accepted a place at uni startin in spet but i'm starting to doubt whetehr I am ment to go to uni :/ basically recently I work in a supermarket and I have been enjoying it so much i've started questionning whether I can really study for 3 years and be as happy as I am now :/ liek I want to do the job that i cna get after my degree i'm just unsure about actually spending 3 years of my life studying :/ is this normal to feel liek this before starting? x
PonchoKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you will questrion yourself up to the day you go, even then you will still question.
i remeber back at school having a MASSIVE argument with a teacher in the middle of the main corridoor, because i didnt want to go to uni, and he thought i should.

even just before chirstmas, i was at uni, a still wanted to give up.

GO. and give it till AFTER christmas. if it wasnt for my mum talking me out of leaving at christmas, i wouldnt be here now a month before the end of my first year spending today doing work :/

like you i was happy with the job i was doing before i came to uni, i could hav happily stayed there, but now im glad i came to uni.

everyone goes through the same thing!
sicarius1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes to some extent, university can be very daunting for some.

Oh and because you kept saying 'liek' I couldn't help thinking of this:

I herd u liek them.
Leo*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Being aprehensive on dedicating yourself to study for the next three years is normal
What you're doing now may be fun however what is to say Uni life won't be?
Although of course you can always postepone going to Uni until you feel ready for it, my sister did this and went at 23
RosiL
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for all these yeah I guess i'm just nervous I just was at work and was liek i enjoy stacking shelves and the laughs that come with it but hopefullyuni wont be to different :L
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RosiL)
I am really worried have accepted a place at uni startin in spet but i'm starting to doubt whetehr I am ment to go to uni :/ basically recently I work in a supermarket and I have been enjoying it so much i've started questionning whether I can really study for 3 years and be as happy as I am now :/ liek I want to do the job that i cna get after my degree i'm just unsure about actually spending 3 years of my life studying :/ is this normal to feel liek this before starting? x
Just remember why you applied to go to uni in the first place.

If I could've been a SLT without going to uni I would have just gone straight into it, but I enjoy my course, knowing what it will lead to.
nunugab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The first 2 posts.. wow. OnT: Yes it is but really you should have thought about all these thing before applying to university. I think many English students would benefit from taking a gap year and really thinking about what they want to do. Thats what most Scandinavians do and it works fine for us, it saves us going into something half-heartedly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads