Ye Olde Medievel Thread Watch

Ferrus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xXLil'-AnGelXx)
Ye olde bathe for you peasants you smell lol (just kidding) xxx
I be glad that disclaimer be there, for else I may have thought thou were serious
SmuUsh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
By the by when i said in numbers comes success i meant that the more of us on one side would be sure to be victorious!
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Saynt Jerom tellis in þe 'Legent of Saynt þe Hermett,' how Decius, at som tyme was Emperour, tuke a yong christen-man & garte lay hym in a softe bed, whar þer was temperans of þe ayr & sownd of watir rynyng, & syngyng of burdis, and gude smell of flowris, & he garte bynd hym þer so with rapis, þat he myght nowder stur hand nor fute, nor helpe hym selfe. So as he lay, þer come vnto hym a yong wenche & a fayre, bod scho was not clene of hur bodie, & laid hur done be þis yong man & made hym dalyans. And when he felid at sho had movid his fless vnto syn & he mot not helpe hym selfe, nor no maner of wapyn had to fend hym with fro hur, he bate in sonder his tong & spitt it in hur face. And with þe wark þerof his temptacion recedid away

because he needede more spayce in his relatiounshippe ...
Bobbie W
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Sir bear your language is one I do not recognise offhand, could it be the heathen french, sir please I beg of thee repent the foul toungue and return to our more basic version or at least append a translation for our intellects may not be as broad as your own.

Vienna I must bow to pressure and suspect your loalties although your response is admiral and an example to use all. Please redem yourself with a quest.

I have received valuable infomation from our western border, Chavs approach we have only this image to identify them with; see here and witness the peril we must face.

Vienna your quest is thus, take Lord Ferrus and 200 of your finest men, travel to the western border and launch a strike on these fell demons, fell them all; leave none standing. Though be warned they have a chariot a chavoit if you will, please see here and be thost forewarned about the evil shadow now over the land.

Return with their heads held on thoust lances, do not fall, either of thou, thou are both of great vitality and necessary to the running and defence of this fiefdom. Ride my noble friends, Ride.
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bobbie W)
Sir bear your language is one I do not recognise offhand, could it be the heathen french, sir please I beg of thee repent the foul toungue and return to our more basic version or at least append a translation for our intellects may not be as broad as your own.

Vienna I must bow to pressure and suspect your loalties although your response is admiral and an example to use all. Please redem yourself with a quest.

I have received valuable infomation from our western border, Chavs approach we have only this image to identify them with; see here and witness the peril we must face.

Vienna your quest is thus, take Lord Ferrus and 200 of your finest men, travel to the western border and launch a strike on these fell demons, fell them all; leave none standing. Though be warned they have a chariot a chavoit if you will, please see here and be thost forewarned about the evil shadow now over the land.

Return with their heads held on thoust lances, do not fall, either of thou, thou are both of great vitality and necessary to the running and defence of this fiefdom. Ride my noble friends, Ride.
I would in fact ride down with 100 men for that is the number that will likely be needed to destroy their race of land... but there is a problem that i fear for Lord Ferrus and Toy Soldier are At present cococting a plan to remove me from the face of this earth!
I wish for them to understand that if they are to think like this then they will have no hope of succeeding please hold counsel with them

--------------

But i willingly accept your challenge!
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have riden to the western border and defeated all foes that lie in wait to attack! they fought to the end but are now defeated! not one of them now lives to tell the tale! Only few of our 100 men were injured but one did die. But in his death we find loyalty and oh wait is that him coming across the yonder field. he is but alive and we have him to thank for success!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I challenge you, sir knight, to a dual.
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
who are you talking to?
If it is me then you are greatly mistaken!
I am a princess!
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I presume by 'Ole Medieval English' you mean late medieval? :p:

--------------

(Original post by HistoryStudent)
I think you'll find that History Students are very fine leaders....knowing history, we have the advantage. We cannot meet you in battle at present, for we have not had enough time to travel round the locality to gather support; and since as we are not knights or above we do not live under the code of chivalry, we do not have to meet you in battle in your own terms.
:congrats: *joins HistoryStudent*
Bobbie W
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Why certianly kew, Fleff your response is slow, I challenged you sir back at the dawn of this kingdom, Sir I accept; since the challenge is yours you may chose the weapons and local may you fight with honour and dignity.

Your quest is succesul I thank you.

Vienna I shall counsel caution upon the other fine lords, For you have redeemd yourself in my eyes; I hope I do not have to chose side, for I cannot afford to fracture the kingdom even if it means driving you into the arms of the traitor, prove me wrong and perform another quest. Await this space I may have yet another mission for you, my noble swordmaiden.
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh thank you. but i do not fear those who plot against me for with my knowledge i will succeed against any evil plot
HistoryStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bobbie W)
I believe our army to be of greater order and magnitude when thrown into relief by the damned *history student*s villany and hence I am confident of a victory no matter what foul witchcraft he may employ. Student you may have stuided battles and have no honour buy any perceived measure, but sir a good general is never over confident.
I am not over confident, and nor am I a witch; I am merely a peasant with strategic and military knowledge and leadership skills, much like my forerunner Wat Tyler...
Thankyou Kew for your support, as you know the time is not yet ripe for our uprising, but I'm sure you will be of great help when it begins.
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You are the traitor of the earth be gone before .....
HistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...before what?
Kew
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HistoryStudent)
Thankyou Kew for your support, as you know the time is not yet ripe for our uprising, but I'm sure you will be of great help when it begins.
:ridinghor :ridinghor :ridinghor

The time draws yet ever closer....
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the time is not drawing nearer for you are travelling further away from us so maybe if you turned y0urself around and went in the right direction then maybe you would get somewhere!!!
and even if you were going in the right direction you would still lose!
HistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna:))
the time is not drawing nearer for you are travelling further away from us so maybe if you turned y0urself around and went in the right direction then maybe you would get somewhere!!!
??? I think you're taking this drawing nearer thing a bit literally - where did you get this 'travelling further away from us' from?
Kew
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah but how do you know which direction I'm travelling in? :p:
SmuUsh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah well you will still lose!
HistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah well you will still lose!
just wait and see, wait and see....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed