Cringeworthy moments of the Royal Wedding Watch

My name is URL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Some parts were well, excruciating to watch.

:facepalm2: Top 3:

1. When Will put on Kate's ring it took him about five hours. An iceage began and ended, empires rose and fell by the time that ring finally went on.

2. After the Royal Couple and their immediate family floated along to Bucky Palace in their horse drawn carriages, we saw the peasants that comprised of the 'lesser royal family' slum it up in in what is generally known as the sardine cans of the prole, aka COACHES AND MINI BUSES. :zomg: This must have been a major cringe moment for us, not to mention their shame at not being deserved of a carriage.

3.When the Reverend and Queen tried to out-yellow each other. My eyes couldn't take this disturbing amount of yellow in just one shot. They should have coordinated or something.

Spoiler:
Show
The fact the Posh and Becks turned up. :facepalm2: Who even invited them? They'd be better off meandering around in Sports Direct or something.

Spoiler:
Show
The bloody tool who fell of his horse during the procession (rehearsal). We'll have a postcard next time luv!

Spoiler:
Show
The general international embarrassment of our Archbishop's questionable personal hygiene and his yeti-like appearance. Standing next to balding Prince Will, the contrast between the two hairy and hairless men was both amusing and yet cringe worthy at the same time.

Spoiler:
Show
I think we should all take a second to contemplate exactly WHAT Harry had injected/smoked before he got to the Abbey. He was incapable of maintaining a straight face throughout the service, could not stop gassing to which ever poor soul he was standing next to, and in general gave off the stoner air. Who is he even related to? He looks nothing like Charles and Diana. You heard the conspiracy here first.

Well, they tried their best but it just wouldn't have a been a true British event without some toe curling moments. :rolleyes: :facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:
chrislpp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't, made sure to lube my thumb first.
Fragile_Illusions
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't because I've worn rings before and that always happens... you know, because the joint is wider than the actual finger
Stargazer23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah the knuckle is usually wider so.. pretty common thing to happen :dontknow:

*ahem* Obviously I don't mean the knuckle :ninja:
My name is URL
Rep:
?
It was just so awkward. I felt the moment while he was struggling to get it on lasted longer than an average human gestation period.
dotty_but_good
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I cringed I felt so sorry for him, everything has been so carefully rehearsed and then that.
Persephone9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe not cringed but it did look a little awkward. It made me think of when you try rings in a shop and they get stuck on.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This pretty much sums it up.
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who else doesn't give a ****?
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That doesn't look that awkward to me.
The.Prophet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chrislpp)
I didn't, made sure to lube my thumb first.
that. was. really. good.
member520746
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your fingers must be odd if you thought Kate Middleton's joint being wider than the rest of her finger was cringeworthy.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I feel sorry for him because the rest of it was perfectly choreographed and went exactly to plan, and this is all that people are remembering :')
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hylean)
That doesn't look that awkward to me.
Nor me, but some of the responses are pretty gold.

Still, I wandered into the Living Room where the family was watching it at the point they were doing the ring, and everyone kind'a went, ":eek:" - :dontknow:
beeninetytwo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was just me My sister said she didn't notice :confused:
My name is URL
Rep:
?
(Original post by channy)
Who else doesn't give a ****?
Yet enough to post asserting you don't care, which demonstrates a certain level of care to do that. :facepalm2:
tabbycat1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by My name is URL)
It was just so awkward. I felt the moment while he was struggling to get it on lasted longer than an average human gestation period.
Know exactly what you mean! Everyone in the room I was watching it with just held their breath and winced.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its pretty normal
-Invidious-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought the the Archbishop's hair fiasco was worse, he looked like a hermit and had caterpillars for eyebrows.

Then again, he can always fall back to being the voiceover man for trailers.

EDIT: Seriously though, I want that man to read me a bed time story.
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Christ it was like pushing against the skin for 2 seconds...nothing really thread worthy

...Although maybe that soldier who fell off his horse is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (541)
37.73%
No - but I will (112)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (97)
6.76%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.7%

Watched Threads