OCR A2 Philosophy and Ethics predictions 2011 Watch

umm123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Couldn't find any threads for predictions for this exam, thought we could post it here. Just wondering if anyone has made any predictions on what come could up on the papers
Clareicles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Be very careful about predicting exam questions.

As a teacher I've seen many people do that and come unstuck as the predictions became revision points and thus when the topics/questions didn't come up, the exam went unnecessarily poorly because they hadn't revised properly.
umm123
Rep:
?
I'll keep that in mind
umm123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clareicles)
Be very careful about predicting exam questions.

As a teacher I've seen many people do that and come unstuck as the predictions became revision points and thus when the topics/questions didn't come up, the exam went unnecessarily poorly because they hadn't revised properly.
I really don't think i'll be able to remember all the information for all the topics . How many can I afford to drop before it gets a little too risky? I know it's better to revise all of them but I feel I won't have time with all my other subjects.
Clareicles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by umm123)
I really don't think i'll be able to remember all the information for all the topics . How many can I afford to drop before it gets a little too risky? I know it's better to revise all of them but I feel I won't have time with all my other subjects.
It's best not to drop any, but you can drop ONE (for each paper) before it gets risky.

BUT be careful which you drop. For instance, Religious Experience has links with Revelation and Holy Scripture and Miracles. So dropping one of those is possibly unwise.

Also, Religious Language and Meta-Ethics have cross overs, just like Free Will and Determinism have links to the Nature of God unit. So, again, it would be unwise to drop those as there are links to be made.

I would suggest you talk to your teachers about this, simply because they know you and so are in the best position to advise.

All the best,

Clareiclesx
No.1 Loner
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone have access to pastpapers?
Clareicles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by No.1 Loner)
Does anyone have access to pastpapers?
OCR's website have a lot of them. There's a thread on here somewhere with them on, too. Not sure where though!
Alex Rogers
Report 7 years ago
Im not doing Meta Ethics, purely because i feel its the most distant from any other topics. If i were to risk dropping a philosophy it would be religious language, Thats just my personal opinion
-Liv-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alex Rogers)
Im not doing Meta Ethics, purely because i feel its the most distant from any other topics. If i were to risk dropping a philosophy it would be religious language, Thats just my personal opinion
Hi, I just thought I'd point out what our teacher has been telling us: meta-ethics was moved from the AS to the A2 syllabus the year before last, and there has yet to be an A2 exam paper with a meta-ethics question on it. My teacher warned us about relying on predictions, but also pointed out, why move it onto A2 syllabus if they aren't going to ask it at one point? It seems long overdue...

On the other hand, if you use the time you would have spent on meta-ethics to go through the other topics thoroughly then there should be no problem right?

I'm sitting the exam too, good luck! x
colleygolley
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Buisness Ethics I think is likely to come up :s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (270)
38.08%
No - but I will (51)
7.19%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (337)
47.53%

Watched Threads