Diagnostic Radiography at London South Bank Watch

bobilina0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anybody already there or starting in September?
Hayl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just applied for sept 2011 entry, a bit late i know! I'll let you know how it goes, if you're interested. Have you firmed Southbank as your first choice? how did the interview go?
bobilina0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hayl)
I've just applied for sept 2011 entry, a bit late i know! I'll let you know how it goes, if you're interested. Have you firmed Southbank as your first choice? how did the interview go?
Sorry, I gave up checking this as nobody replied!

Yeah I've firmed it. I actually applied direct to South Bank in August and had my interview last year. It was fine. I usually get really nervous for this type of thing but it went smoothly and he basically told me then and there that I would have a place for either that Sept or Sept 2011.

Yeah let me know, it would be good to chat with someone starting there too I'm very nervous! Have to go in next week to complete my CRB form so should surely meet others.

When should you hear back?
Indie101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi
Im thinking of applying there through UCAS extras
I have never been to the Uni (im from Sheffield) and was wondering if it was any good? because a lot of people are saying it isn't :/
bobilina0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Indie101)
Hi
Im thinking of applying there through UCAS extras
I have never been to the Uni (im from Sheffield) and was wondering if it was any good? because a lot of people are saying it isn't :/
I got worried when I read what people were saying but it is a good uni for healthcare courses and I have been told that the staff are really good. The few that I have spoken to are really friendly and the building this course appears to be based in is really nice. The area it's in isn't the nicest though but I don't really mind.

On my work shadowing I spoke to people that trained at LSBU and they were saying they enjoyed their time there and thought the course was taught well. That put my mind at ease I think you should go for it.
Indie101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
thanks
is the area like gangsterish because that's scare me (and my family haha!) to death. x
bobilina0
Rep:
?
I actually haven't seen any groups hanging around or anything. It just isn't a pleasant area in general and near the station stinks of pee! But it's okay other than that lol.
Indie101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
haha
suppose its better than nothing tbh. The placement areas seem to be in good locations. The uni has such a low ranking, makes me wonder if the job prospects are any good :/
bobilina0
Rep:
?
Yeah the placements are in good hospitals, apart from maybe one or two. London South Bank students achieve the 12th highest starting salaries of any university in the UK, or so it says. So it can't be that bad. If you do well in your placements then you could be hired by that hospital. When I was doing my work shadowing they were telling me that they were taking on 16 graduates - not all from LSBU but it just shows that if you make the effort you have a chance. That would be no different at any uni you attend for this type of course
Indie101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
which hospital placements would you recommend? x
bobilina0
Rep:
?
The more central ones. Guys and St Thomas' are nice. I don't know too much about the others but Whipps Cross is my more local one and it isn't a particularly good hospital. But I think the more central London, the better.
Indie101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh right. I'll ask more around about LSBU and try to apply there.If I get in then defo going to try and get the central hospitals x.
bobilina0
Rep:
?
Okey dokes. Good luck.
Jewawda
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

I'm a mature student and will be starting diagnostic radiography in southbank in Sept...any other people starting would be great to get in touch and swap tips and that
bobilina0
Rep:
?
There seems to be very few...
babygirl1897
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im starting in September, Ive got my interview tomorrow with the occupational health nurse so might see you there!
bobilina0
Rep:
?
I only completed the online health form about a week ago. It says assessment outcome 'fit' so I was under the impression that I wouldn't be called in.

You excited to start?
Hayl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've got a place at south bank for September 2011! Just heard yesterday, so excited!

Does anyone have the reading list for first year? I'd like to do some brushing up, as it's been years since i left school :|
babygirl1897
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I cant wait to start! Had my interview and i have now been classed as fit too! Yay! Everyone started thier Hep B?
bobilina0
Rep:
?
I was hoping to find out about the reading list too, it would be useful to read up a bit first. It's been a while for me too.

I haven't had any jabs yet. The person I spoke to at the uni told me ages ago that they would inform me when I need to sort this out but I still haven't heard anything. We have to pay for it ourselves don't we? Does anyone know if you can just have it done by your GP?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads