Ethos - Energia Gym Watch

Peaches182
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi Guys,

I'm gonna be doing my masters at Imperial (well, almost certainly) and have been looking at places around kensington. I go to the gym 4 times a week and it seems this Ethos place sounds like a good deal, £25 and then use it all you like.

The question I'd like to ask is what's it like? I assume its got a decent number of treadmills, butI'm not a runner. Almost all my time is spent lifting wieghts. Does anyone know the number of benches they have their? Do they have a squat rack? And what weight do the dumbless go up to? The bench and dumbell range is quite important. Any help would be great
adammarek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ethos is great. a good number of people going to ethos work out as much as you do, so i think you will find it sufficient...

there are four benches, two squat racks and i am not sure on dumbbells, but i think they go up to 40kg, definitely above 30kg.
alan910_2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ethos is great but is generally absolutely packed and not particularly pleasant. If you're a serious gym head you might want to consider going to a proper gym and paying for it.

Also it's possible that it won't be free in the next few years. That is currently being reviewed.

Dumbells go up to 40kg.
adammarek
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it is very packed in the afternoons and evenings.

however, it is not that difficult to find a time when it isn't so - i go there in mornings and it is always ok...
Peaches182
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by adammarek)
ethos is great. a good number of people going to ethos work out as much as you do, so i think you will find it sufficient....

(Original post by alan910_2)
Ethos is great but is generally absolutely packed and not particularly pleasant.

Thanks guys!!! Depending on when I do my dumbell work e.g incline press, i can go to 45 kgs at times, bent over rows anything up to 50kgs (sometimes), but its good to know.

Generally I dont mind it being busy cos i can usually work around that, but if its absoluetly packed at night then I may consider somewhere else. I'm going to be based t the business school (so South Kensington, hopefully I'll be living their too) and this ethos place looked pretty close. If im honest I dont mind paying for a better place, so long as the free wieght section is decent.

I live up north, and my current gym member ship is £25.00 a month, and if I'm honest, its the best gym I've been to in terms of equipment and atmosphere etc. I looked at some places in London.......£129 a month!!!!! That certainly isnt what I'm going to be paying, but I dont mind going to 60-70 depending on its location.

Whats peoples idea of a reasonable gym membership in London? Just so I can get an idea of budgeting
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

however, it is not that difficult to find a time when it isn't so - i go there in mornings and it is always ok...
That's good to know as I like to start my mornings with a gym session.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (509)
37.76%
No - but I will (103)
7.64%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.77%

Watched Threads