Abeercrombie outlet? Watch

TheArsenal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi i was looking on the internet and found this site...

http://www.abercrombieglobal.com/-c-26.html

I have a feeling it's fake though as it seems too good to be true, can anyone confirm this?
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheArsenal)

I have a feeling it's fake though as it seems too good to be true, can anyone confirm this?
You've just answered your own question!!

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is!! A&F are ridiculously expensive in ''rip off'' Britain. Only in the US are they reasonable, and if you're lucky you might catch the A&F sale over there, where hoodies go down to £15 (price when I converted $ price)!
amime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

A and F are pretty good but very expensive.

I sometimes find myself going into Hollister when I go into the city centre but rarely buy anything.
magnum.opus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
You've just answered your own question!!

If it's too good to be true, then it probably is!! A&F are ridiculously expensive in ''rip off'' Britain. Only in the US are they reasonable, and if you're lucky you might catch the A&F sale over there, where hoodies go down to £15 (price when I converted $ price)!
We have different definitions of "reasonable" :mmm:
DancinBallerina
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by magnum.opus)
We have different definitions of "reasonable" :mmm:
£15 (when I converted it from US to ££) for a hoody that costs £74 (UK price) is significantly reasonable, unless you think otherwise! lol :mmm:. I went into A&F one day, but forgot my $$. Went back the next day, massive A&F sale in the US.
magnum.opus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
£15 (when I converted it from US to ££) for a hoody that costs £74 (UK price) is significantly reasonable, unless you think otherwise! lol :mmm:. I went into A&F one day, but forgot my $$. Went back the next day, massive A&F sale in the US.
Well, I don't think £15 is the standard cost of a U.S. A&F hoody (more like twice that), but if the same hoody costs £74 in the UK, then ya, you're right- it's a lot cheaper here! (Still out of my price range, though)
theseeker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

It looks fake. Try go to US where it'll be cheap.
TheArsenal
Rep:
?
ye thanks for the replys, i thought the paypal pay method was very fake :P. Im going to boston in the summer and vancouver next year so i might horde clothes hah.
laughylolly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My tip is (if your size is small enough) go to the US and shop in Abercrombie Kids (much cheaper than A+F) plus A+F is cheaper in the US too. Of course there is the cost of going to the US in the first place....
DancinBallerina
Report 7 years ago
Well, I don't think £15 is the standard cost of a U.S. A&F hoody (more like twice that), but if the same hoody costs £74 in the UK, then ya, you're right- it's a lot cheaper here! (Still out of my price range, though)
:facepalm: Yes, I KNOW that! It was in the SALE! :rolleyes: lol The standard price last summer was $60. However A&F I have noticed keep the figures the same, BUT they just change the currency sign! Checking the A&F website few days ago, the UK price is £74, which I suspect is $74 in the US. It's cheaper in the US, and significantly cheaper if you're lucky to go out of NYC and find a A&F store that has a massive store sale, which I found in Delaware! AND it's tax free!
TheArsenal
Rep:
?
(Original post by laughylolly)
My tip is (if your size is small enough) go to the US and shop in Abercrombie Kids (much cheaper than A+F) plus A+F is cheaper in the US too. Of course there is the cost of going to the US in the first place....
Nice idea...im medium
Chr0n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have noticed keep the figures the same, BUT they just change the currency sign!
Seems to be true for most brands.
magnum.opus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm: Yes, I KNOW that! It was in the SALE! :rolleyes: lol The standard price last summer was $60. However A&F I have noticed keep the figures the same, BUT they just change the currency sign! Checking the A&F website few days ago, the UK price is £74, which I suspect is $74 in the US. It's cheaper in the US, and significantly cheaper if you're lucky to go out of NYC and find a A&F store that has a massive store sale, which I found in Delaware! AND it's tax free!
That's a pretty good sale; I hope you took advantage of it It wouldn't surprise me if A&F just changed the currency sign from $74 to £74, which would mean the UK version is far more expensive because £74=$124 So I don't disagree with you (although, you're wrong about the taxes part)

Edit: However, it should also be noted that both UK and US workers make close to the same for a starting position. That said, it's not really like you have to pay more for a UK A&F shirt, since you have to save up just as much as an American in the same position.
DancinBallerina
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chr0n)
Seems to be true for most brands.
It's really annoying, and such a rip off!

I also got a Guess watch, cost me $85, over here in the UK it's £150!

That's a pretty good sale; I hope you took advantage of it It wouldn't surprise me if A&F just changed the currency sign from $74 to £74, which would mean the UK version is far more expensive because £74=$124 So I don't disagree with you (although, you're wrong about the taxes part)
I only got a hoody and a top! I look back and think shoot, shudda got another hoody as they are really warm and long, which accommodate my long arms well.

I didn't pay tax, Delaware don't pay tax apparently (well it wasn't on ANY of my receipts)- everything I wanted I got in Delaware as it was tax free. Whereas NYC charged tax, which my brother discovered!
magnum.opus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I only got a hoody and a top! I look back and think shoot, shudda got another hoody as they are really warm and long, which accommodate my long arms well.

I didn't pay tax, Delaware don't pay tax apparently (well it wasn't on ANY of my receipts)- everything I wanted I got in Delaware as it was tax free. Whereas NYC charged tax, which my brother discovered!
Well you can always come back and find another sale And it seems that you've experienced the unpredictability of the U.S. tax system- some states have it, others do not (and the percentage changes, too!) Not only that, but the listed price of a product doesn't include the tax, so you never know the grand total! (unless you can easily find, say, 7% of numbers easily)
secret_geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am working in A+F at the moment in central london, when I have worked there during sale periods the real bargain stuff goes ridiculously quickly (anything that is reduced will usually go by lunchtime). People are prepared to pay so the price stays up. And yeah definitely just change $ to £ so unfair!
DancinBallerina
Report 7 years ago
Well you can always come back and find another sale And it seems that you've experienced the unpredictability of the U.S. tax system- some states have it, others do not (and the percentage changes, too!) Not only that, but the listed price of a product doesn't include the tax, so you never know the grand total! (unless you can easily find, say, 7% of numbers easily)
Yes, the family I was with were telling me about it; some states have tax and some don't. I found end of Aug, start of Sept is when the sales were everywhere lol I was hoping to come back this year, but I got really sick (caught a virus in America) last summer, only just got better. But hopefully in the next few years, I'll be back (im not trying to sound like Arnie, honest :rolleyes: lol) and catch the sales again.

Yes hotels = prime example of not knowing the grand total!
magnum.opus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, the family I was with were telling me about it; some states have tax and some don't. I found end of Aug, start of Sept is when the sales were everywhere lol I was hoping to come back this year, but I got really sick (caught a virus in America) last summer, only just got better. But hopefully in the next few years, I'll be back (im not trying to sound like Arnie, honest :rolleyes: lol) and catch the sales again.

Yes hotels = prime example of not knowing the grand total!
You're exactly right! Towards the end of August and the beginning of September, all of the "back to school" clothes go on sale :yes: (that's what I tend to do my shopping, too :teehee:) Where are you from?
DancinBallerina
Report 7 years ago
You're exactly right! Towards the end of August and the beginning of September, all of the "back to school" clothes go on sale :yes: (that's what I tend to do my shopping, too :teehee:) Where are you from?
I'm from the UK. Everything in the US is just soo much cheaper. And the outlets are a m a z i n g lol :yep:
magnum.opus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm from the UK. Everything in the US is just soo much cheaper. And the outlets are a m a z i n g lol :yep:
Ahh, yeah, you get to enjoy converting currencies from high to low :yes: Unfortunately, I will lose a lot of money when I go to uni. in England because the pound is much higher than the dollar :no:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads