William and Kate: The Movie - Did anyone watch? Watch

Rainbow-Dream
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So Channel 5 have just aired the film about William and Kate's 'story', and whilst online articles have shown it as cheesy and badly made, I watched just now, and it was kinda what I was expecting, but enjoyable none the less. Did anyone else notice the actress playing Kate had an american accent at the very beginning but after a few minutes changed into what was in my opinion, a fairly convincing slightly middle-upper class posh accent?
My favourite bit was when William was telling friends at uni how he 'tests' potential friends by telling them a made up story and seeing if they sell their story to the press. I loved how the film made the progression in their relationship seem like it happened over a month, rather than years.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I particularly loved how it was badly filmed, poorly acted and wildly embellished; made as a hasty attempt to cash-in on the Royal Wedding.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Heard it was awful and most of it is complete BS.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't agree with the Royal Family or the Royal Wedding because I am British Muslim and they greatly offend me. And I hate all Americans and refuse to bow down to serve these evil Capitalist corporations profiting from these people. Death to the west etc.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
I don't agree with the Royal Family or the Royal Wedding because I am British Muslim and they greatly offend me. And I hate all Americans and refuse to bow down to serve these evil Capitalist corporations profiting from these people. Death to the west etc.
Teh hell?

Your rep says you're not trolling. But your post says otherwise.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Steevee)
Teh hell?

Your rep says you're not trolling. But your post says otherwise.
No, I'm just the greatest Troll on this website. Ask anyone and they'll tell you. I am the best. There ain't no other.
ak137
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just watched like a second of it, as much as they tried to make the film look british, it looked american :rolleyes:
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
No, I'm just the greatest Troll on this website. Ask anyone and they'll tell you. I am the best. There ain't no other.
Oh.

Well trolled then, well trolled. Troll on good troll.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Steevee)
Oh.

Well trolled then, well trolled. Troll on good troll.
Thank you good sir. Much appreciated.
gingerrama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was hilariously awful, and whoever made it should really learn that you can put a black cab in the shot but it still doesn't look like a street in London :facepalm2:
My favourite part was when William told a starving African child to pound it out
Katharos703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zjs)
I particularly loved how it was badly filmed, poorly acted and wildly embellished; made as a hasty attempt to cash-in on the Royal Wedding.
idem
sicarius1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is the first time I've heard of it.
HK1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My friend says it is so bad it was great. Shee also said it was very funny.
DLJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If the acting wasn't Razzie Award winningly bad, I would've enjoyed it to be fair, after watching the Wedding.
Helena27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the acting wasn't greeeat, but it was just like another chick-flick movie, brainless but entertaining
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was hilarious!
charitee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, in my opinion that definitely wasn't a masterpiece - it looked rather like a hollywood production about the ideal life of a normal girl, who found her own prince and despite of many obstacles in the end they are extremely happy. Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching it, as few scenes were really hilarious, as somebody has already mentioned. What is more, I need to admit that those actors really remained Will and Kate...
Rainbow-Dream
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My favourite line from the film was "She's hot" from William after he sees her in that dress from the catwalk show. His put on english accent was funny.
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's so bad it's good!
diamonddust
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
My favourite line from the film was "She's hot" from William after he sees her in that dress from the catwalk show. His put on english accent was funny.
I laughed when he said it needed to be said twice! :rofl:
Film Kate REALLY annoyed me, I don't know why. Think it was the actress...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads