i need a new phone Watch

seabird
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i can't upgrade until feb 2012, but my current phone (blackberry 8520) has broken completely. i've got no insurance and a void warranty, so i'm guessing my only option is to purchase a new phone to see me out of my contract.

but i don't really know much about phones! i love bbm but aside from that blackberrys seem crap (built badly, feel cheap). i went to the shops today and the man recommended i got a htc desire, but i'm not sure. i can spend about £250 max. i want an iphone when i upgrade but i need something for a year!

any other recommendations?
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you can get a desire for that price (not saying it's impossible, i just don't know how much they cost at all) then do it, is a great phone.
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah this;

It was only £15 (including the £10 topup) but I got it pretty much for the lols. I am not that bothered about the royal wedding but I have to admit I do like the union jack design. Hopefully I will get an iphone 5(?) for christmas but this can last me until then :P.
seabird
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
If you can get a desire for that price (not saying it's impossible, i just don't know how much they cost at all) then do it, is a great phone.
it's £250 payg with £10 topup extra but i'm putting my existing sim in it. i just don't really know what constitutes as a good phone?
Djordje
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by seabird)
i can't upgrade until feb 2012, but my current phone (blackberry 8520) has broken completely. i've got no insurance and a void warranty, so i'm guessing my only option is to purchase a new phone to see me out of my contract.

but i don't really know much about phones! i love bbm but aside from that blackberrys seem crap (built badly, feel cheap). i went to the shops today and the man recommended i got a htc desire, but i'm not sure. i can spend about £250 max. i want an iphone when i upgrade but i need something for a year!

any other recommendations?
Get one of Sonim's phones They don't break
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.51%
No - but I will (74)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (462)
47.88%

Watched Threads