Anyone here drive a 1.6 2004 megane (petrol) ? Watch

Biggillystyle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Wanted to know how much tax is for the year, thanks.
myotheraccount
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my car is same age and engine £165
Matt J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've a Renault Megane '03 1.6 VVT Privilege, tax band G (£165/year). My old 1.6lt Sport V reg Megane was either F or G, I can't remember at the minute.

Nice car, beware certain things to look out for when buying (in particular the cam belt at the correct interval - its shorter than many other cars due to the thinner construction and very prone to failure). It should be every 5 years of 70k, if you buy anything over that without a belt change a) question the servicing and b) get it done ASAP. Whiel you're shelling out for that you can also get the water pump and dephaser pully sorted. An extra expense, but will cost more in the long run.

Also try to make sure you get both keys - particularly if you're buying with the keyless entry/start. They're prone to breaking and while they often can be fixed, a new card + programming would set you back upwards of £150 each.

Good luck.
Biggillystyle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
cheers guys ill rep you tomorrow bud. Im getting a 3dr 1.6 petrol 2004 with 50k on the clock, pretty good for 7 year old. looks in really good condition, few minor scratches that can be penciled out and inside is spotless. The dark plastic on the door pillars has faded over time, is there anystuff you could use to restore it to a nice dark finish? Im thinking son of a gun if youve heard of it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads