The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by SirMasterKey
So yu don't think it will be resolved this week? :holmes:

He knows it wont be :wink:

Spoiler

They're just so darn cute! Isn't anyone still completely obsessed with Doctor Who in the good old days (season one and two, and perhaps the end of season four)? Though I loved Donna and Martha had her moments, I feel like Doctor Who has really changed (obviously). Steven Moffat's out of control in his quest to leave his mark on the show! He says he's not too keen on the character and is unlikely to re-introduce her to the Eleventh Doctor. :frown:

Please let me know your thoughts on them! Cute moments, cool videos...your opinion on the couple (so long as it's the right opinion :rolleyes:).

WOOOOOT
Rose was okay, but no. I got tired of the countless references to Rose in every series, the long shots of the Doctor vaguely gazing into space remembering her and the times with Martha getting jealous. It got tiring. Moffat has already said he would like to bring back Captain Jack, and there is a Rose reference in series 6. But re-introducing her to the Eleventh Doctor, would rather not have that. Already seen her enough times in RTD's era, not to mention the whole point of the end of the End of Time was Tennant going back to see his companions one last time. That should have wrapped up the story nicely. She's already got a life with the half-human, half-time lord Tenth Doctor. My favourite companions from the RTD era were Donna and Wilfred. Martha and Rose spent too much time infatuated or pining after the Doctor, which took away from the show in some respect.

Moffat is not out of control. He has left his mark on the show with brilliant episodes in RTD's era. You know, like The Empty Child, Silence in the Library and Blink. He's created one of the best monsters in the series; the Weeping Angels. Moffat's era has a different feel to it, not only because of the new Doctor, TARDIS, characters, but it has a different atmoshpere to RTD's era. He's created a Doctor different to RTD's Tennant. One who is more outwardly mad and alien. I think it's entirely fair to not go back and re-introduce Rose. I'd rather the show moved on from the same characters being used again and again, just like the Doctor moves on.
I can't wait to see it! The slients terrify me.
Regarding Rory assuming too much. Extract from Sun preview.

Spoiler

:facepalm2:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Regarding Rory assuming too much. Extract from Sun preview.

:facepalm2:

Why do people always

Spoiler

Original post by sheep_go_baa
Why do people always

Spoiler

It's because the Doctor has

Spoiler

:teehee:
Reply 228

Will it have special fizzy straws? :holmes:

Well of course!
I much preferred Donna. She was less like "oh save me" all the time like Rose.
Reply 230
3 hours :gah:
Original post by Aula
Well of course!

Then all is well in the world. Oh, except...something....can't seem to remember....:holmes:
Original post by Aula
3 hours :gah:

Woop woop! I can't believe that

Spoiler

Reply 233

Woop woop! I can't believe that

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 234
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It's because the Doctor has

Spoiler

:teehee:

Oooh. That just makes me fancy him even more :teehee:

Aaaah not long to go now. So excited! I just spend my whole week waiting for Doctor Who.
Reply 235
I always have to miss Docor Who live :sad:

If it was on at 6:15 I would be able to watch it on my phone on my way home from work :colonhash:
Reply 236
Original post by Mess.
I always have to miss Docor Who live :sad:

If it was on at 6:15 I would be able to watch it on my phone on my way home from work :colonhash:

Oh my, you poor thing. I didn't get to watch it live last week :frown:. I didn't have to wait too long though, thankfully.
BBC made a terrible decision moving it to its current timeslot.
They should have it on at 7pm again, they lose viewers because it's on early!

Also, The Silence look like cousins of the ood.
Reply 239
Original post by DendritesAreCool

Original post by DendritesAreCool
They should have it on at 7pm again, they lose viewers because it's on early!

Also, The Silence look like cousins of the ood.

The ood are coming back later :holmes:

Latest