The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by HereBeDragons
But she could remember the angels. Interesting...

How do you know that she's definitely forgotten them, anyway? Must have missed that bit :confused:

In Victory of the Daleks, Amy doesn't recognize the dalek that is working in the underground base, despite the fact that loads of them were present at the battle of Canary Wharf and they invaded when they stole the Earth. Both events were within her lifetime.
Reply 3081
SFX
Neil Gaiman’s episode of Doctor Who, “The Doctor’s Wife” has achieved a final official rating of 7.97 million viewers, with a 34.7% share of the audience. That’s a huge rise of two million on the original overnight viewing figure. The final rating includes those who record the programme and watch it within seven days. However, it doesn’t include the just-over-a-million who downloaded the episode from iPlayer in the first seven days.

Pretty impressive rise, hopefully we'll see the same with The Rebel Flesh which pulled in 5.7m in the overnight ratings.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
About Kovarian appearances. It's really irritating when it's so in your face. Like the cracks from last series. "Oh look, it's a mystery!"

I preferred discreet like RTD's era.

Yeaah, like those "Vote Harold Saxon" posters that were in Dr.Who and Torchwood. The little things that I have to work out make me happy, not having clues constantly bombarded in my face.

It's called subtlety for a reason :|
Saxon was better as it got involved with Martha's family.
Reply 3084
What I want to know re: eye patch lady is why Amy hasn't mentioned her to the Doctor or Rory? I mean, surely after seeing her repeatedly, rather than a single occurrence she should think "this is a bit wibbly wobbly, isn't it?" and at least speak to the Doctor.
Original post by Guitara
What I want to know re: eye patch lady is why Amy hasn't mentioned her to the Doctor or Rory? I mean, surely after seeing her repeatedly, rather than a single occurrence she should think "this is a bit wibbly wobbly, isn't it?" and at least speak to the Doctor.

I think she might mention it this episode as others are actually awake and around this time. Could also tie in nicely with the synopsis for Ep.7.
Sorry if this has a really obvious answer [I think I missed this bit of The Rebel Flesh] but why were they pumping acid around their planet?
Original post by Tasneemo
Sorry if this has a really obvious answer [I think I missed this bit of The Rebel Flesh] but why were they pumping acid around their planet?

They never said. They were mining Acid for no apparent reason. We don't even know what kind of acid it was.
Reply 3088

They were pumping acid out of the island and onto the mainland where I assume the acid then had a use. Think of it like oil.
Original post by SirMasterKey

Original post by SirMasterKey
I think she might mention it this episode as others are actually awake and around this time. Could also tie in nicely with the synopsis for Ep.7.

any speculation to who this woman is? my reckoning a kind of mid-wife, just a theory :smile:
Original post by jrail1992
any speculation to who this woman is? my reckoning a kind of mid-wife, just a theory :smile:

there is plenty of speculation of who she is! We know her name, but that's all we know

As for why Amy hasn't mentioned the woman - maybe she thinks she's imagining it? At least the first couple of times...
Original post by xKTx
there is plenty of speculation of who she is! We know her name, but that's all we know

As for why Amy hasn't mentioned the woman - maybe she thinks she's imagining it? At least the first couple of times...

Or thinks she's going mad? If, as theorised, her mind is connected with another version of herself, then she might be hearing "voices" too...
Ok, this has nothing to do with the new Doctor Who episode, but with the "Midnight" episode (the old one with David Tennant in).

Has there been any word on what the monster was or whether we might see it again in the future? This is one of the few loose ends that I don't think has been cleared up and its bugging me.
Original post by -Invidious-
Ok, this has nothing to do with the new Doctor Who episode, but with the "Midnight" episode (the old one with David Tennant in).

Has there been any word on what the monster was or whether we might see it again in the future? This is one of the few loose ends that I don't think has been cleared up and its bugging me.

The whole point was that we never know what it was, there was mention of the Doctor starting an evacuation but that's about it. I'm quite happy with them leaving that open to be fair, it makes the episode a little more unique.
Reply 3094
I had my first ever Doctor Who based dream last night!

I can't remember every detail, but one bit i did remember was there was a Silent, who had a girlfriend, but she kept on forgetting he existed, made me feel quite sorry for him, cos he looked so sad every time she looked away from him. Weird thing he is he had a proper mouth that was quite wide and the voice of a cartoon dog.

Oh yeah, and he wore a hawaiian shirt
Original post by Yoghurt

I can't remember every detail, but one bit i did remember was there was a Silent, who had a girlfriend, but she kept on forgetting he existed, made me feel quite sorry for him, cos he looked so sad every time she looked away from him. Weird thing he is he had a proper mouth that was quite wide and the voice of a cartoon dog.

:lol: Haha. :biggrin: That's the best dream I've ever heard of. That's hilarious!
Original post by Yoghurt

I had a Doctor Who dream, i was doctor who's companion. I had to find the tardis but i was in a world where you went shopping at the same time as swimming so i was swimming round primark trying to solve the riddle where the tardis was. And i solved that riddle and was going to find the doctor when the dream ended. i realised later the riddle was that it was green and underneath becuase the tradis was buried under a lawn!

Spoiler

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Some new dialogue teasers and other stuff.

The old SFX teasers a posted a while back

Spoiler

The ones I'm fascinated by are

Spoiler

Seems like this 'breathe' stuff is very important indeed...

Surely the ones I highlighted are linked? The Doctor did tell Amy to do that in the last series...
Anyone watching Matt Smith on The One Show?

Standards, I know, but my standards went down a long time ago. I'll watch anything now.

Latest