The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yes it will. I'll be reading my grandkids it (whether they like it or not!)

haha, same for my future kids (I shall also force them to watch Doctor Who whether they want to or not :colone:)
We shall see. The problem with evaluating something's longevity is that we'll be too dead to evaluate.
Original post by cambo211
And in every episode since the beginning of series 5 Matt Smith has been wearing the same outfit, it is possible it's entirely a coincidence.

For the doctor that's normal though, he's always had signature outfits. The companions always changed their clothes though. :smile:

Original post by Aula
Timey wimey. Presumably the baby is taken back to around 1963.

Doctor Who first started back in 1963 :holmes:

Katie_louise

Found this

:rofl: I honestly can't say who I find funnier :rofl:

Is it bad that when I first saw this picture I couldn't quite work out what was wrong with it? :rofl:
Haha - I love that in the description for the Cybermen on the BBC site, it says :
Home Planet:
Earth/Mondas
Appearance:
Impassive faced. Steel giants. Awesome.
Weaknesses:
Susceptible to electromagnetic bombs and Dalek fire power.

also, for The Entity they've written:
Start to worry when:
You knock over what looks like a glass bottle and gaseous contents escape. You may just have destroyed the universe. Oops.

Gotta love Dr Who :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pandora.
Is this a joke? Minor Spoilers
http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-6-episode-8-title-21253.htm

Not particularly feeling that title :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by snowyowl

Is it bad that when I first saw this picture I couldn't quite work out what was wrong with it? :rofl:

Lol yeah same! For a second I thought that they did another shoot with everyone dressing as everyone else =/

I think the Doctor looks funniest - Doctor face and Amy body, that is :biggrin:
Original post by Oncoming Storm
But during Tennant's era, how many times did we have to see him snog someone? (Still love you, Tennant, but the 10th Doctor is a slut). And as for Matt Smith being childish, yes he is, and it's fantastic. Besides, the tenth Doctor was hardly mature either. *puts on gas mask* "Are you my mummy?" :lol: Don't say that's mature. Also, he was constantly licking things. Bit odd really. I half expected him to do it to the Master...:rolleyes: I love Tennant and Smith, but you can't really compare them, yes they're the same character but parts of the Doctor change when he regenerates, that's why the series has lasted so long!

That's not childish, it's called humour. It's funnier than anything Matt Smith's character's done.
Another head switch :lol:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
SFX teasers for a Good Man Goes to War

Spoiler

:teeth:

Spoiler

YEY! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Spoiler

The most curious one, which isn't really a spoiler is A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device

Can't wait. :excited:
Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

:sexface:
I bet it's crap :awesome:

And as a note to those who don't really click spoiler tags, none of these are spoilers tbh. They are spoiler-free teasers.

Spoiler

The most curious one is A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device

Oh gee, I wonder what that one is.

*cough*

no seriously, whats the throwaway line. urrrrgh someone buy me series 5, I need to rewatch EVERYTHING.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4353
Not sure if it's already been posted or not... but..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110601_01/Who_is_River_Song

Eekk! I'm so damn excited for this episode!
I wish I could afford to buy the DVDs and watch them before Saturday!

On the subject of the actors - I think it's good that they are different, as it gives the new series a new feel, especially when new companions are introduced too. Eccelstone was always the darker one (understandable, given that the Time War happened before the new series) and I never quite warmed to him. To me, David Tennant was the right balance between dark and eccentric/hyperactive, and Smith is moving away from the darker aspects. In their own ways, I think they've done well :smile: It did take me a few eps to warm to Smith after loving the Tennant doctor so much

As for the feel of the series, I agree that this series would be more confusing for younger viewers than previous series, but I feel that even if you don't understand what's going on with some bits, the main stories in each ep have still been enjoyable from a standalone point of view (away from the speculation that, for example, Amy is a clone, before it was revealed). Some bits may just go over their heads for the moment (but hell, some of it has really confused the more grown up of us too!)
Original post by Yoghurt

Ahhhhhhhhh OMG I'm so excited!!!!!! :biggrin:

Edit: And slightly scared :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I bet Geronimo is the throwaway phrase. Isn't Geronimo like a real person:?
Original post by Colonel.
I bet Geronimo is the throwaway phrase. Isn't Geronimo like a real person:?

He's an indian chief from the Wild West.

I know this because I did a book 'I ble aeth Haul y Bore' in Welsh Litt -.- :L
Come along Pond? Spoilers?
Original post by Yoghurt

Spoiler

Latest