The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5240
is it just me or does anyone else think....

Spoiler

Original post by Stargatecrazy
Ah glad I'm not the only one that thinks it makes sense, thanks :tongue:

I just think River killing the Doctor is just too obvious, as River should remember being in the space suit :holmes:

Also there have been WAYYY too many hints towards it...mind you after the revelation last night maybe Moffat is more predictable than we thought.
Original post by Greg1989
is it just me or does anyone else think....

Spoiler

Haha the thought did pass my mind. I think Amy will do it first though :rofl: 'You turn me down but not my daughter?' :lol:

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Also there have been WAYYY too many hints towards it...mind you after the revelation last night maybe Moffat is more predictable than we thought.

Yeah, but I don't think it would work out timey wimey wise if it was River...I'm actually starting to believe that she kills Rory (as he is becoming quite kick ass and might do something that warrants being a hero of the universe)
Reply 5243

Yeah, but I don't think it would work out timey wimey wise if it was River...I'm actually starting to believe that she kills Rory (as he is becoming quite kick ass and might do something that warrants being a hero of the universe)

But then she'd be killing her own father, and this is DW we're talking about! :p:
Original post by jeh_jeh
But then she'd be killing her own father, and this is DW we're talking about! :p:

And a lot of people think their father is the best man they ever knew.... :rolleyes:
Reply 5245
And a lot of people think their father is the best man they ever knew.... :rolleyes:

No, no, I know that. My point was more that DW is still aimed at children (and adults, too), so I dunno how far they'd go with the whole killing her father thing. It's definitely a possibility, though!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Agreed on the speculation. It would make a lot more sense.
(just some speculation but gonna spoiler it anyway)

Spoiler

I've highlighted a sentence you wrote, and my comments are below :smile:

I never thought about it in that way - River 'killing a good man' doesn't have to mean she physically killed a good man, but could mean she started a chain of events that led to him dying?
The Welsh Sontaran was win <3
Rory is getting sexier every episode :coma:
Original post by jeh_jeh
No, no, I know that. My point was more that DW is still aimed at children (and adults, too), so I dunno how far they'd go with the whole killing her father thing. It's definitely a possibility, though!

If it was all about the children, I don't think there would be very much killing at all. But you never know...
What I don't understand about the cot is why couldn't the doctor read the Gallifreyan on the side?
Come on the last episode was just terrible.

They used to have better plots, I just think Doctor Who has lost its edge now.

Riversong, a half timelord who has a sexual/love relationship with the doctor, is the daughter of rory and amy....

*sigh*
I don't think it's river who kills the doctor. From the sounds of it, he has many enemies, so why would they imprison her? Altho it could explain why she's able to get out... Also, why would future doctor invite her to his death, knowing who killed him? It hurts my head! I think the logic there is sort of right...

As for where the doctor has gone. Did river ever mention where she grew up? That could be how the doctor knows where to go
Maybe he's just back off to Stormcage - it could have been built for her in the first place by Kovarian and Co.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Plot holes in this episode indicated by Twitter: no tragic mistake by Rory, River wrote in Gallifreyan before and the TARDIS has translated Gallifreyan before.

Surely there was a tragic mistake? He went to get his baby and accidentally picked up a fake one haha.
Original post by planetearth
Come on the last episode was just terrible.

They used to have better plots, I just think Doctor Who has lost its edge now.

Riversong, a half timelord who has a sexual/love relationship with the doctor, is the daughter of rory and amy....

*sigh*

Better than a stupid meta crisis Doctor having a sexual relationship with Rose Tyler, the biggest B**** in Doctor Who history. This era is much better than RTD.
Apart from the fact Dr who is unlikely to end so easily when it pulls in so many views, I'm gonna go ahead and guess the doctors death is in fact him faking his death, with help of young river. Mainly because of what she said in this last episode as him being known as this undefeatable warrior who everyones now out to get and how he never wanted to be that. I'd say he's gonna fake his death through the flesh in front of the silence who'll then spread the word the doctors been defeated so he can go back to what he was before this reputation he has sprung up.
With Amy and Rory's daughter being River, that proves that Amy became a ganger before series 6 (as Amy was meant to be pregnant at the start and River touched Amy, and that would have created timey wimey stuff that can't happen)
With Amy and Rory's daughter being River, that proves that Amy became a ganger before series 6 (as Amy was meant to be pregnant at the start and River touched Amy, and that would have created timey wimey stuff that can't happen)

I was thinking about all this timey wimey paradox meeting yourself stuff this morning...How come Amy was able to meet herself when she left the Pandorica with no problems?
Original post by LostInLaw
I was thinking about all this timey wimey paradox meeting yourself stuff this morning...How come Amy was able to meet herself when she left the Pandorica with no problems?

The possible excuse for that would be they weren't the same Amy...because all the timeline was messed up which is why the Doctor had to reboot the universe :holmes:

Latest

Trending

Trending