The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah. Don't google Madame Kovarian into google. As Colonel said, you get hit in your face with a brick of a spoiler :frown:
Reply 601
Original post by OrangeStu
I really like this kind of thing, in some of the earlier series, Ecclestons and Martha's - there was nothing really to keep you returning week-to-week. But, particularly now with MS, it seems like they have really hit on how to get people enticed, I love the little hints - I think its a very American style of writing a show to have season long arches (particularly with them having a hiatus in the season which will inevitably have a massive cliffhanger)

The long arcs have been part of it since it came back in 2005, now they're made more clear/we know they'll be there and are looking for them.
Reply 602
Original post by sleekchic

Oh :colondollar:

But that wasn't really obvious.

Hence why I can't be trusted, when I mention something like that months before casting is announced :wink:
Original post by auzzieman04
wasnt that version of the dr human?

Yes :colonhash:.

But wibbly wobbly.

Spoiler

Original post by spacepirate-James
Yeah. Don't google Madame Kovarian into google. As Colonel said, you get hit in your face with a brick of a spoiler :frown:

I did but didn't open it.
Original post by OrangeStu
I really like this kind of thing, in some of the earlier series, Ecclestons and Martha's - there was nothing really to keep you returning week-to-week. But, particularly now with MS, it seems like they have really hit on how to get people enticed, I love the little hints - I think its a very American style of writing a show to have season long arches (particularly with them having a hiatus in the season which will inevitably have a massive cliffhanger)

There was but it was more subtle.

Bad Wolf, Mr. Saxon and the bees dissapearing are the ones i actually remember off the top of my head but i'm pretty sure all the series have had them so far.

I prefer them to be subtle, i don't like them being shoved in my face in a zoom in shot at the end of every episode.

What's that thing called where you tell someone not to do something, and they do the opposite? :tongue:

Yeah, don't Google it. Moffat has called the spoilers nonsense but I think they're true. And certainly don't post any big spoilers in this thread.
this has confused me so much, who was that woman!?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
What's that thing called where you tell someone not to do something, and they do the opposite? :tongue:

:devil3:
Reply 610
Original post by alexanderrocks
this has confused me so much, who was that woman!?

There are lots of women, which do you mean? :wink:
Original post by DoktaUH
There are lots of women, which do you mean? :wink:

Madame Kovaria
Not a spoiler

Spoiler

Her.

I googled her and I'm content with waiting until everything is revealed. Well not really content but...
If I spent as much thinking energy directed towards my revision instead of Doctor Who, I'd get full marks in everything :colonhash:

UBER SIGH.
Post one of me trying to catch up with all that has been said. It was 9 pages but in that time another 6 have been added. Come on guys let me catch up!

Warning it's going to be big now. :tongue:

Also why does it take her 6 months to regenerate? In fact surely it's 9 months seeing as we see her 3 months after she was shot by Amy (although I thought she missed?) and then 6 months later after the moon landing making 9 months or am I missing something?

Also who was that woman (Madam something or other) and who did she say was dreaming?

Does the Doctor still die?
Will the Silence be back? (I think yes)
There was also a comment from River about the suit having 20 different types of alien tech so not just the silent? Will the Alliance from The Pandorica Opens be back?
What's going on with Amy's pregnancy? Even the TARDIS doesn't know.

Perhaps something else has harmed her? Also remember DT dying? That took ages.

I think the Silents were definitely involved in the alliance in some way and none of the other species would have known or remembered due to the nature of the Silents.

Original post by ??????????????????
When Amy saw the picture of her with a baby, and then the girl coming from behind, I remembered, 'Are you my mummy?' :laugh:

Also, the spaceman ate her?

Cyberman-esque? The Cyberman from TBB tried to eat Amy.

This Madame person looks quite like River Song :ninja:

The same reason they need Amy's child perhaps...Maybe only a Time Lord could pilot a Tardis?

Exactly what I thought.

Oh does anyone have any thoughts on the Doctor going off on adventures instead of looking for the little girl because you only live once. I wonder if that's a hint to his death as in knowing that finding the girl = his death in 2011.

I think he knows who the child is. He saw her and if she is a time lady then he would have reckonised her. He's scared of her and hence the running away.

Did anyone else get confused in the fight scene when River turned round to look at Rory and she didn't seem to forget the whole silent scene/thing?

?

Hell yes although maybe she saw Rory's reaction and so shot behind her.

I found it odd how they were other Silents that kept appearing and disappearing around the place and not attacking at first.

Original post by TwilightKnight
I think he adopted a kind of 'ends justify the means' type attitude towards the Silence. They clearly aren't a 'good' species.

He realised at about half way that they had something to do with Universe ending and "Silence falling", and I guess he put two and two together that the Human race is supposed to evolve independent of them. He's always been very protective of them.

I also think that it's his traditional "Leave or be forced to leave" approach, like he's done in the past, there are always going to be a few casualties. I don't think we've seen the last of them this series.

Maybe he knows that others will run or that they are others out there.

She always looks hot.

Have you joined the Karen Gillan Lovers? :awesome:

I wish I was 'stupid face'. :moon:

Don't we all? :moon:

Amy and Rory's daughter. Though, something tells me it can't be as obvious as that.

or it might be

Spoiler

Is she that woman with the door? How did you know the name?

Original post by Rascacielos
Thank you.

It was quite heavy - but there were some awesome special effects! Didn't River say something at the end about not wanting the Doctor to see that, knowing that he wouldn't approve?

She said 'old fella'

Original post by JWH
I think Amy just got a bit freaky with the Tardis myself :laugh: also is it weird I though Amy looked hot in the pirate costume at the end :ninja:

Join the Karen Gillan Lovers society. :awesome: It's not weird at all.

Original post by Robbie c

Spoiler

Why River?

-----------------------------------------
My dad the girl is the girl from Human Nature/Family of Blood but I'm sure they are completely different girls.

My opinion? Well as I replied above, whats to say it was the episodes events that led to her regeneration and not something else? :holmes:

How did she get herself out?

Does she have a fob-watch? She might have needed to regenerate and so became a time lady again or something? What happens to dying timelords/ladies when they've 'become' human? Do they just die?

That Madame Kovarian? Is this possible a tie in to the future episode where you have all that odd stuff like the clown and the minotaur?
Why did the Doctor go to his own death willingly?
Reply 616
Not a spoiler

Spoiler

Her.

Was she in the window in the episode? Completely missed that.
My mind exploded when the girl started regenerating.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Post one of me trying to catch up with all that has been said. It was 9 pages but in that time another 6 have been added. Come on guys let me catch up!

Warning it's going to be big now. :tongue:

:teehee:
Perhaps she's the Doctor and River's daughter?

Latest

Trending

Trending