The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Contextual factors for undergraduate applications.

Hey all :smile:
I'm an A2 student and, although I have good A level predictions in 4 subjects, I didn't do so well in GCSE's and there were contextual factors that affected this. I'm thinking about History for 2012 entry and was wondering if King's take contextual factors into account. Thanks.
Reply 1
your a-levels will hold far more importance than your gcse's so if you do very well at A2, that's the most important thing. make sure you have a very strong personal statement as well. king's have information on their website about what they look for in a personal statement, for example favouring applicants with both a strong passion for their subject as well as having extra curriculars etc, so just do some research into that. if you had extenuating circumstances affecting your performance at gcse, your head of year or subject teacher(s) could mention this in your reference, but it may not be relevant now that you're doing a-levels. but if you are really worried, king's college could be your risk choice and you could choose other universities which are more lenient about gcse's :smile: all the best. hope everything works out for you!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest