The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone know...

When we will be actually free of teaching etc for this year?

I'm a 2nd year History student, and I was just wondering if there is anything I need to stick around for long after exams? Trying to plan a holiday and it's a hell of a lot cheaper if booked for the end of June, rather than in mid-July, as don't want to risk some sort of potential clash (perhaps with disseration meetings?)

Obviously it's not the same for all courses but would appreciate if some light could be shed on the subject!
Well extravs will be in week 30, teaching wise it varies between courses. Some will be done and others start working on other things. Probably best to email your dept.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
There usually are dissertation meetings in summer term, with your supervisor. I had mine in about W5 though. My supervisor offered to hold another meeting before the end of term, but I just declined as I headed home after W5 last year. :smile:
Reply 3
Ah that's great thanks! My last exam is 3rd of June so I'm glad I won't have to stick around for weeks after that if it's not necessary.
Hard to say, and depends on your course, and if you're doing a dissertation, probably can change on an individual bases.
I finished 2nd year last summer, and for maths we had lectures after exams weeks 26-28, then work to be handed in by friday wk 29. Email your course admin to be sure.
Reply 5
Doing History you'll be expected to make a start on your dissertation after exams, but it's up to your supervisor whether or not you actually have any meetings at the end of term.
But there shouldn't be any lectures to go to, teaching ends just before the exams start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending