The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is zoophilia condemned and homosexuality not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 101flyboy
Animals can rape each other, but that isn't the point.

Rape is another legal concept, I would argue that in the animal kingdom there can be no rape, it's just how basically all sex occurs. They don't have alcohol and mood lighting to "persuade" each other into bed.

This is a human raping an animal.

I thought it was just about humans having sex with animals. Or is that always rape, like statutory rape? Because we disregard their consent as uninformed and worthless, like that of a child or a *******, so it's always rape and is therefore always wrong, and is therefore rape, etc.

Also, an animal initiating sex with a human, is more about the confusion of that animal. Again, they are not doing it with the same intent that a human would in having sex with an animal. They are animals and their thought processes are not the same, so therefore making comparisons in actions is not valid.

Haha, sounds EXACTLY like what people used to say about gays a few decades ago. Oh they're just confused, they don't know what they're doing. They need to be protected from themselves!
Original post by pazman4

Original post by pazman4
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

I'm not a troll, kindly contribute to the discussion or leave.
:lolwut:
I'm mentally disturbed at the thought of someone having sex with my dog...
Definitely not normal!!

I'm no biologists.... but couldn't viruses more easily transmit from animals to humans and create more havoc if zoophilia isn't condemned? :/

Plus, I can't really compare zoophilia and homosexuality. Zoophilia involves totally different species :confused:
Reply 103
Original post by lightburns
I fail to see how saying that a random one-off doesn't make it right as a whole is an argument.
What's wrong with that specific case?? I say nothing, and therefore if those conditions are replicated, it's okay.
Rape is wrong, and is always wrong, so cases of rape are not going to be okay. You've just got to be more knowledgeable and careful about the situation with animals than you would most humans.

It is pretty darn obvious that an animal would 'attempt to have sex' with a human because of confusion. They do not go walking (or swimming) around thinking 'i'm so gonna find me a human today'.

The dolphin does not 'initiate sex' . It simply shows in whatever way that it is horny through it's confusion. It does not control it's emotions like a human does. The man clearly took advantage of his sexually f'ed up mind (if the case is even true) .
Reply 104
Original post by Fusilero
The fact you're alive today is, statistically, unnatural. Modern science has, statistically, saved your life beyond what nature intended. Nature is irrelevant in ethics, **** nature.

Which I suppose is the entire point of this thread. :holmes:

What I said has nothing to do with ethics. Homophobia is a personality disorder. That is a psychological and psychosocial statement, not a moral statement.
Original post by Broderss

Original post by Broderss
I've had sex with a dolphin before and it was the most wonderful and sensational experience I've ever had, but between you and me something amazing happened and now I can talk to animals! It's pretty cool and totally secret and you know what? Life will never be the same.

Go away.
Reply 106
Original post by cttp_ngaf
Rape is another legal concept, I would argue that in the animal kingdom there can be no rape, it's just how basically all sex occurs. They don't have alcohol and mood lighting to "persuade" each other into bed.

I thought it was just about humans having sex with animals. Or is that always rape, like statutory rape? Because we disregard their consent as uninformed and worthless, like that of a child or a *******, so it's always rape and is therefore always wrong, and is therefore rape, etc.

Haha, sounds EXACTLY like what people used to say about gays a few decades ago. Oh they're just confused, they don't know what they're doing. They need to be protected from themselves!
1) Forced sex is forced sex. The title rape doesn't need to be included, but forced sex does happen in nature, although not nearly as common as in humans.

2) Bestiality is harmful and when initiated by humans is rape.

3) Gay people are human beings. That has nothing to do with the issue of sex with animals.

Try again.
Reply 107
Original post by Tefhel
How do you know that an animal isn't in pain or in distress? You can't know. They can't tell you, and they won't sit there and cry. Having lived on a farm you will know that sometimes they will react, sometimes they won't.

And why not apply the same standard to people then? If someone has sex with a child and they don't object (perhaps because they're confused and terrified) then by your logic they've consented?

If the person isn't doing anything inherently painful e.g anal/S&M/whatever then it wouldn't have any reason to be in pain and if for some reason it was it would react - have you ever trod on a dogs toes before? I have done so accidentally a few times and each time my dog yelped, bit me, then ran away. Animals react to pain just as humans do. As for distress; if the person isn't unfamiliar there'd be no reason for distress, as I pointed out sex isn't a big deal or moral issue for the rest of the animal kingdom.

That's different. Humans and non-humans operate within different spheres of experience and normality in regards to sex.
Reply 108
Original post by imperial maniac
This isn't about a human raping an animal, it's about an intimate sexual relationship between an animal and a human in which both parties have consented (e.g if a dog mounted a woman.) Did you even read the OP or just start ranting?

A human taking advantage of a confused animal is not consent.
Original post by JunePlum
:lolwut:
I'm mentally disturbed at the thought of someone having sex with my dog...
Definitely not normal!!

I'm no biologists.... but couldn't viruses more easily transmit from animals to humans and create more havoc if zoophilia isn't condemned? :/

Plus, I can't really compare zoophilia and homosexuality. Zoophilia involves totally different species :confused:

Many people view homosexuality to be wrong, just because it is wrong, in the same way you view zoophilia. (ie: not normal.)

Zoophiles obviously use protection if they are sensible, but tbh, there it's just as dangerous to have sex with humans than animals, if not less so for animals as some diseases are species specific.

What I said has nothing to do with ethics. Homophobia is a personality disorder. That is a psychological and psychosocial statement, not a moral statement.

So would you view the statement: "Homosexuality is a personality disorder" to be a moral statement?
Why is this?

I am not talking about animals being forced to mate with humans, rather an intimate sexual relationship between both partners, to which both have consented in their own way and in which neither party is harmed.

It just seems like a double standard to me, I don't understand either zoophilia or homosexuality. The arguments for homosexuality and the arguments for zoophilia appear to be fairly similar. Yet one is outright condemned and the other is accepted as normal behaviour.

1. Both parties involved are consenting adults.

2. Both zoophilia and homosexuality are a sexuality, rather than a fetish.

3. Both involve an intimate relationship.

4. Both occur in nature.

5. Neither can result in offspring.

Thoughts? I don't even know why this came across my mind, I guess this is what happens when I do too much procrastinating.

Please note: I am not a troll, BNP supporter, a homophobe or a Zoophile, I am a student trying to have a sensible discussion and understand the logic behind people's opinions.

Seriously your comparing zoophilia to homosexuality!? How are they on the same level.... I can consent to having sex with another man, animals cannot for starters, having sex with animals is wrong. Having sex with another man is not. Your a bit ignorant to be honest :rolleyes: Homosexuality is in the same group as heterosexuality, imagine yourself looking at a girl and not finding them attractive and then looking at another guy and finding them attractive, why should that be looked down upon? Zoophilia is a fetish not a sexuality.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
It is pretty darn obvious that an animal would 'attempt to have sex' with a human because of confusion. They do not go walking (or swimming) around thinking 'i'm so gonna find me a human today'.

The dolphin does not 'initiate sex' . It simply shows in whatever way that it is horny through it's confusion. It does not control it's emotions like a human does. The man clearly took advantage of his sexually f'ed up mind (if the case is even true) .

Got to look at Occam's Razor here.

Situation 1:
Dolphin is horny. Dolphin happens to be near Human. Dolphin responds to horniness by mating with Human. (Worth noting that Human had swam with wild dolphins, including Dolphin, for a long time, so Dolphin had become acclimatised to Human, and likely to not see Human as a threat - even would come out each evening to find Human swimming there).

Situation 2.
Dolphin is confused. Crazy Dolphin does crazy things. Crazy Dolphin shows normal horny-dolphin characteristics, Crazy Dolphin is not actually horny. Crazy Dolphin attempts to mate with Human, but this does not mean that Crazy Dolphin wants to mate with Human. According to Human, Dolphin timed it so they orgasmed at the same time, but this was not intentional by Crazy Dolphin, Crazy Dolphin was just crazy.

(The account went into waaaay too much detail, ew, but did change my views radically on bestiality).
Thats just ****ed up -zoophillia, they just sound like complete nut jobs to be honest. It's like rape in a sense.
Reply 114
Original post by lightburns
Got to look at Occam's Razor here.

Situation 1:
Dolphin is horny. Dolphin happens to be near Human. Dolphin responds to horniness by mating with Human. (Worth noting that Human had swam with wild dolphins, including Dolphin, for a long time, so Dolphin had become acclimatised to Human, and likely to not see Human as a threat - even would come out each evening to find Human swimming there).

Situation 2.
Dolphin is confused. Crazy Dolphin does crazy things. Crazy Dolphin shows normal horny-dolphin characteristics, Crazy Dolphin is not actually horny. Crazy Dolphin attempts to mate with Human, but this does not mean that Crazy Dolphin wants to mate with Human. According to Human, Dolphin timed it so they orgasmed at the same time, but this was not intentional by Crazy Dolphin, Crazy Dolphin was just crazy.

(The account went into waaaay too much detail, ew, but did change my views radically on bestiality).

Literally made no sense and is essentially nothing to do with the true principle of Occams razor. Occams razor, in a simple way, is to select one of a group of theories as the 'correct one for now' if it presents less 'new ideas' and thus is a more simple option than the others. Explain how this relates to your post.

So essentially.. what?
(edited 12 years ago)
1) Forced sex is forced sex. The title rape doesn't need to be included, but forced sex does happen in nature, although not nearly as common as in humans.

2) Bestiality is harmful and when initiated by humans is rape.

3) Gay people are human beings. That has nothing to do with the issue of sex with animals.

Try again.

An animal can't be "raped" as that is a human concept, in nature an animal would normally rape each other and is morally acceptable. As long as the animal is not harmed there isn't a moral dilemma as the issue of statutory rape only applies when the person involved is unable to make the correct decision for themselves. An animal which mounts a human has made the decision to do so, if they didn't want to, they wouldn't do it. Just because the animal's though process is different to a humans doesn't make the decision invalid.

How is zoophilia harmful to either party if neither party is harmed?

The point he is trying to make is that not that long ago people were as closed minded about homosexuality as they are about zoophilia now.
1) Forced sex is forced sex.

uhm, yes I suppose it is. You must be top of the class in your logic modules, champ.

2) Bestiality is harmful

To whom? And how? This doesn't just stand as a self-evident fact, I'm afraid.

and when initiated by humans is rape.

According to whom? I'm pretty sure the courts don't consider it "rape". Just like when you kill an animal it isn't "murder".

3) Gay people are human beings.

Another startling fact.

That has nothing to do with the issue of sex with animals.

There are many important comparisons to be made between homosexuality (which has, very recently, received widespread and official endorsement), and other minority sexual practices which are still regarded with the utmost disapproval.
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
I can consent to having sex with another man, animals cannot for starters

How's that? Just because they can't talk? I don't understand. I can tell when my pets approve of what I feed them, or want to be fed, or approve of how I stroke them or play with them. If you can't read animal behaviour you must be genuinely mongtarded.

Original post by Jordenfruitbat
having sex with animals is wrong. Having sex with another man is not.

Oh ok, it all makes sense now.
Original post by Tommyjw
Literally made no sense and is essentially nothing to do with the true principle of Occams razor. Occams razor, in a simple way, is to select one of a group of theories as the 'correct one for now' if it presents less 'new ideas' and thus is a more simple option than the others. Explain how this relates to your post.

So essentially.. what?

http://www.flashnews.com/news/wfn1100405J15041.html
Reply 119
So would you view the statement: "Homosexuality is a personality disorder" to be a moral statement?

It would be an irrational statement, and therefore not a credible one.

Latest

Trending

Trending