Domain Names Watch

CaryTimothy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If we already purchased a domain name from somewhere else is it possible to have a site here with that domain name. Also if so where would I point my domain name to? Thank you for whomever answers this question.
J.Thyme
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"here" is where exactly?

Quickest, simplest and easiest way would be to create an account with a hosting provider and then they'll give you their nameservers. Go to your domain registrar and modify the nameservers for your domain. You don't have to host your site with the same people you buy the domain with.

-J
jayron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A domain name is a series of alphanumeric string seperated by periods.The last three letters in the domain name indicates the type of organization owns the address.For instance .com stands for commercial,.edu for educational and .org fro nonprofit.
hafa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The answer to your question is yes. When you buy web hosting you will be given nameservers and all you have to do is log into your domain registrar's website and modify the domain's nameservers to point to your webhosts. Very simple.

I strongly urge you to not buy your domain names with your web host, just incase you run into problems in the future. Keep them separate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads