IB CAS: Does it count? Watch

FoShizzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Recently, I got a report card with IB CAS mark of 70%.

I'm baffled and frustrated beyond belief at this.

Not only did the school start to show CAS marks in report card for the first time, the new CAS coordinator (?) is ignorant and immature. The person who dropped the full ib and didn't attend any CAS meetings or handed in anything managed to get the same mark as me who diligently did everything that was asked of, but just handed in the interim assessment thing in late.

I'm not sure if this will count as GPA or what, but will this affect my prospects to university at all?

Technically, on IB transcript, it should be worth as only a completion mark and overall, should be worth roughly around 1 out of 45. But I'm scared ****less that this might cause my downfall or something equally or more drastic and exaggerated.

Please help
FiniteMr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm fairly certain CAS is worth nothing except qualifying for the diploma. The core marks come from ToK and extended essay. I know we've never had to do anything for CAS except filling in logs and completion forms, and never got a mark of any kind.

And universities won't care about it. You seem to be making a big deal out of it. At the end of IB you will be very happy with a 70% in most subjects!
dijay_94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you understood and grasped the actual point of CAS you'll be fine. As already mentioned, The activities you did will matter more than your IB CAS mark so chillax!
FoShizzle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
haha thanks guys.

Sorry for being neurotic +_+ I kinda freaked out when it popped up on my report card.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads