Help for Warwick Freshers 2011 Watch

catalina18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I'll be starting my first year at Warwick in October 2011 and I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread just to ask what are the types of things we should be bringing down to Uni? I obviously don't know which accommodation I've been allocated to yet, but it might be helpful to know if there's anything I need to look out for that I maybe haven't thought of? I have on my list so far:

Plates
Crockery
Cutlery
Pans
Glasses
Tea towels and oven hands
A Network Cable
Quilt, pillows and linen
Towels
Bedroom decorations

Does anyone already at Warwick have a list of what is already there?

Anyone else who is going to be starting in October feel free to message me! I'm doing European Law

Thanks.
24craigour
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sounds interesting. Subscribed. (Although TSR does have a pretty comprehensive list of what to bring to uni......)
catalina18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by 24craigour)
Sounds interesting. Subscribed. (Although TSR does have a pretty comprehensive list of what to bring to uni......)
Do you know where it is?
powermanchu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by catalina18)
Do you know where it is?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

Edit: I'd argue that what they have there is a bit much, but it is still a very good comprehensive list.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Warwick Accommodation supply bedding, but you can bring your own if you want to. Typical bedding is here and extra blankets look like this. This is for Rootes.

Typical JM bed here.

But otherwise, follow the What to take to uni wiki page
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by powermanchu)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

Edit: I'd argue that what they have there is a bit much, but it is still a very good comprehensive list.
I'd have to agree that it seems like a bit much... You'd need a private fleet of cargo planes to lug all that to uni and back :lolwut:

(Original post by TheTallOne)
Warwick Accommodation supply bedding, but you can bring your own if you want to. Typical bedding is here and extra blankets look like this. This is for Rootes.

Typical JM bed here.

But otherwise, follow the What to take to uni wiki page
Are duvet/pillow covers provided? Or is it just the actual bedding itself? And do you recommend a mattress protector?
powermanchu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kidms001)
Are duvet/pillow covers provided? Or is it just the actual bedding itself? And do you recommend a mattress protector?
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/a...idences/tocil/

Check the individual pages for each dorm/hall. It seems like Tocil has a duvet included, but no blankets, etc.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kidms001)
I'd have to agree that it seems like a bit much... You'd need a private fleet of cargo planes to lug all that to uni and back :lolwut:

Yep

It's either a duvet or a blanket. They do provide a mattress protector, at least in JM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads