Plastic Surgery-good Or Bad???? Watch

scoobrildil
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am not referring to incidents where plastic surgery is needed to save somebodys life or mabe repair damage done in an accident - i.e- for medical reasons. I just get tired of hearing about women who ''can't live with themselves unless they have a boob job, or a nose job..bla bla bla.......is it just me or is that not quite selfish when people are born blind, deaf, in severe poverty, or with any kind of ''disability'' and often don't spend their lives complaining about it. i know everybody is entitled to an oppinion but i'm sure that people don't have to get their toes shortened just so they can wear a pair of shoes - i'm referring to some recent american stories here. does anyone agree or disagree??

it's also kind of disrespectful to nature or god, whatever your beliefs are, or arn't. i mean surely if you have all your limbs and they work and your brain is ticking over well people should be happy with this.............yes........no!!
pinkfloyd
Report 13 years ago
If you want it done go for it.
thebucketwoman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But if you can afford it, what's the problem? There's lots of things in life that we don't need, but we waste our money on.

NHS treatment is a different matter.
tommorris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't care as long as I don't have to pay for it.
scoobrildil
yeah but, i'm just saying that...why can't people think more about others, i mean being opened up and having something put inside your body which is a very precious thing surely doesn't feel as good as giving the money you would have spent on it to somebody who really needs it or to a charity - - - or at the very least saving it.
thebucketwoman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by scoobrildil)
yeah but, i'm just saying that...why can't people think more about others, i mean being opened up and having something put inside your body which is a very precious thing surely doesn't feel as good as giving the money you would have spent on it to somebody who really needs it or to a charity - - - or at the very least saving it.
But as I said, its no different to every other luxury we surround ourselves with. I think its completely fruitless asking everyone to be 100% altruistic.
scoobrildil
(Original post by thebucketwoman)
But as I said, its no different to every other luxury we surround ourselves with. I think its completely fruitless asking everyone to be 100% altruistic.
but i'm not asking everyone to be 100% altruistic, i'm asking for peoples oppinions. and the only reason plastic surgery catches my attention amoungst all other ''luxurys'' is because it's a big deal to me to mess with a healthy body.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
totally disagree, I'm afraid I am of the faction that says, If I have the money, then I shall spend it on what I wish - be that rubber tits, Maseratis and driving lessons from Jenson Button whatever. God - she told me she doesn't mind if I don't go to church. I simply do not believe that the money I have earnt or whatever should be given to every frikking charity that comes along just cos someone is worse off than I am. Is it self indulgent - probably! But then its not really anyone else's business if I choose to get fat hoovered out of my thighs.
thebucketwoman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by segat1)
totally disagree, I'm afraid I am of the faction that says, If I have the money, then I shall spend it on what I wish - be that rubber tits, Maseratis and driving lessons from Jenson Button whatever. God - she told me she doesn't mind if I don't go to church. I simply do not believe that the money I have earnt or whatever should be given to every frikking charity that comes along just cos someone is worse off than I am. Is it self indulgent - probably! But then its not really anyone else's business if I choose to get fat hoovered out of my thighs.
Well I believe we should have a balance, through fair taxation.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive had surgery on the NHS
thebucketwoman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by trigger)
ive had surgery on the NHS
Cosmetic surgery?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thebucketwoman)
Cosmetic surgery?
What's wrong with having cosmetic surgery on the NHS? I don't mean a boob job but what about facial deformity?
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i had breast reduction yes
thebucketwoman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
What's wrong with having cosmetic surgery on the NHS? I don't mean a boob job but what about facial deformity?
That's not cosmetic surgery, its the other thing with a similar name which I've forgotten.

We're talking boob jobs here, I thought.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i had breast reduction yes
I had a penis reduction.
Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Plastic surgery is good if you have had some kind of accident, leaving scarring etc.

Plastic surgery is bad if you just want it because you don't like the way you look IMO.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
very funny

--------------

so yuou think im a bad person?
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I had a penis reduction.
:toofunny:
Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
very funny
Well what are your feelings then? It wasn't supposed to be funny actually :confused:
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not you, howard. And my argument is if the NHS doesnt want you to have it done why would they offer it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads