This discussion is closed.
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
well then say no!
Nooo, girls don't like hurting boys feelings.

Just say, you're not looking for lurve or you want to be friends. The sooner you let him down the easier it will be.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Annoying, isn't it?
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Annoying, isn't it?
VERY MUCH SO!!! :mad:
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Well currently he thinks I'm offline - but of course here I am, I seriously don't know what to do - if I say no, he might stop speaking to me and as a result his brother might also stop speaking to me because I upset his brother.

If I say yes, then I lost my freedom to flirt flirt flirt but I'll finally have a boyfriend who isn't gay or hits me or is too god dam shy to even talk to me or isn't younger than me.

I am so dammed confused :confused: :confused: :confused:
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Well currently he thinks I'm offline - but of course here I am, I seriously don't know what to do - if I say no, he might stop speaking to me and as a result his brother might also stop speaking to me because I upset his brother.

If I say yes, then I lost my freedom to flirt flirt flirt but I'll finally have a boyfriend who isn't gay or hits me or is too god dam shy to even talk to me or isn't younger than me.

IM NOT SUPRISED YOU BEEN HIT. LOL. YOU SOUND LIKE A RIGHT COW!
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Well, the first step would be to stop flirting with every damn man you meet. Beyond that, you're hopeless.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)

Just say, you're not looking for lurve or you want to be friends. The sooner you let him down the easier it will be.
ahem, dont want to tell u this but its a matter of emergency. the male species has a built in ******** meter, which is activated by lines like the above. it triggers extreme frustration from having been let down like that when excessive ******** is registered. just be straight with him and dont flower it up.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Yes he may stop talking to you, rejection is hard. But if he really likes you and values your freindship, he'll get over it, and not want to loose you as a freind. If not then, oh well, he's not worth talking to anyway. If his brother gets mad tell him it's not his life, it's yours. By no means should you go out with someone that you don't like that way, just because you don't want to hurt their feelings, it does'nt work, and sooner or later someone gets hurt and your misserable the whole time.
Just tell him your not interested in a relationship, but you want to be freinds, yes it is the kiss of death, but it has to be done.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
ahem, dont want to tell u this but its a matter of emergency. the male species has a built in ******** meter, which is activated by lines like the above. it triggers extreme frustration from having been let down like that when excessive ******** is registered. just be straight with him and dont flower it up.
How is that BS? If I tell a guy I just want to be freinds, I'm being honest. I like that person as a freind and want to continue being freinds, I just don't want a relationship with him.On the other hand if I don't like him at all I simply say, "nah, not interested" end of story. Hell it's better than the male line, "I'll call you!"
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Do you like this guy?
Do you want to out with him? Just say that you want to be friends!
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
How is that BS? If I tell a guy I just want to be freinds, I'm being honest. I like that person as a freind and want to continue being freinds, I just don't want a relationship with him.On the other hand if I don't like him at all I simply say, "nah, not interested" end of story. Hell it's better than the male line, "I'll call you!"
my BS meter has been known to b defective in the past, so ill take ur word 4 it.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It's true though, sometimes girls really do want to be friends, but boys think they're being completely rejected. You might think he's the nicest boy in the world, but you're not attracted to him, and it can be hard to tell him.
P.S. This happens quite rarely.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)

"Just want to be friends."

The most tactful, yet offensive line ever.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
"Just want to be friends."

The most tactful, yet offensive line ever.
see my point here gemgems?
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
I told him "Let's be friends" but 2 seconds later he asked me out again
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
then you have to be harsh.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
then you have to be harsh.
thats what they said on Richard and Judy earlier... geez, I'm starting to refer to that programme to much
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
thats what they said on Richard and Judy earlier... geez, I'm starting to refer to that programme to much
lol, you can cut down your hours of viewing
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh gawd, not one of those! Yeah your gonna have to just tell him staight out,"no you don't want to go out and that you don't like him that way" If he still doesn't get it, just do like the guys and ignore him for awhile, he'll catch on.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinity)
Oh gawd, not one of those! Yeah your gonna have to just tell him staight out,"no you don't want to go out and that you don't like him that way" If he still doesn't get it, just do like the guys and ignore him for awhile, he'll catch on.
I will...once he logs back on
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads