you're a black horse , why are you fat?you're master been abusing you ?:ahee:

(khalagoda=black horse)
funny but do you have an answer?
j.laurence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Swimming, though I doubt trolls can survive in water.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kalaghoda)
funny but do you have an answer?
yes , it depends which breed of horse you're .In some breeds horses can swim. In others they can't. Most horses perfer to just run in want up to their neck which may make it seem like they are swimming.

But all horses can run ,so I say run just to be on the safe side
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
damn wish i could swim :moon: lol
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Running before breakfast + Weight training + A good diet = Your wishes.
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whichever one you decide to do with the appropriate calorie deficit.
kalaghoda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by j.laurence)
Swimming, though I doubt trolls can survive in water.
I'm not a troll you daft ****
a daedalus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Running. Swimming makes you incredibly hungry (this is actual fact, not anecdotal) and tends to lead to a lower net calorie deficit.
StefanieLouise
Badges: 11
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yes , it depends which breed of horse you're .In some breeds horses can swim. In others they can't. Most horses perfer to just run in want up to their neck which may make it seem like they are swimming.

But all horses can run ,so I say run just to be on the safe side
Good gracious. If you are persistent on trolling someone who has a serious question, at least try and employ some basic spelling and grammar first. This is a website, primarily, for those receiving an education. I would suggest you try and follow suit.

Also, OP, I'd suggest swimming. I'm not an expert but that's just from personal experience and opinion.
Refrigerator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
swimming is the best exercise for your whole body

it's cardio, a muscle workout and improves joints and flexibility
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why not run then swim? Or run to the pool? But.... well actually, I think running would be better as you would be able to do it for a longer period of time resulting in your body working longer.

If you were to swim, you would get a workout, however you wouldn't' be able to do it as long and your body would get tired faster.
kalaghoda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Young Spade)
Why not run then swim? Or run to the pool? But.... well actually, I think running would be better as you would be able to do it for a longer period of time resulting in your body working longer.

If you were to swim, you would get a workout, however you wouldn't' be able to do it as long and your body would get tired faster.
I'm just starting out so if I ran and swam straight off, I think I'd die
ribjib
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Swimming and running are both really the same for losing weight.
Swimming is better for low impact, so if you are susceptible to injuries swimming is probably better.
Most people find running is more fun and sociable and you feel like you are loosing weight, but both are equally good. But running is cheaper!
big-boss-91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well
both?
GeekyNick
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's also important to consider which activity you think you will be able to commit to.

Depending on the type of training you do , running is probably a little more efficient than swimming in terms of calorie expenditure but that menas nothing if you don't train as hard or in the same volume as you would something you enjoy .

In short I would say that if your goal is solely to lose weight, pick something because you enjoy it and therefore will commit to it as this will have a much greater impact than the average number of calories burnt per hour etc.

As an additional thing to consider, think about the practicality of the activity - you could go for a run at a moment's notice and get in an extra session. For swimming of course this is not possible.

Finally, why restrict yourself to one activty ? Surely it is better to challenge your body in a variety of ways and mix up your training by trying different things. Perhaps plan a cycle, a swim and a run as a week's activities rather than sticking to just one .
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
pretty much the same but also have a good diet.
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm just starting out so if I ran and swam straight off, I think I'd die
Lol oh well if you are just starting and haven't really exercised in a long time (or not at all), start off light and jog. Jog a lot. As far as you can, as long as you can, and take breaks when you get too tired.

You have to build up endurance; the best way to get in shape when starting off is to start right, in a way that gives you positive results without overdoing it; if you push too hard early, you can mess up your routine and end up slowing the overall process down. It takes a lot of time and dedication and if you are doing either/or, do it as long as you can every day, or switch it up.

But don't overdue it, know your limit and if you don't feel like trying to go over it, don't. You can only have a positive outcome
Implo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Swimming I'm pretty sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads