Tiredness Watch

WildBerrySpirit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For several days now I've been experiencing extreme tiredness, which only occurs after I've eaten/drank something, regardless of whether it's healthy or not. It's really starting to bother me; I've got a ton of work to do and all I want to do is sleep. I need to concentrate and primarily focus all my attention into getting the work done, but the tiredness is honestly getting in the way!

Please help.

Any insightful advice/tips will be appreciated.
twoforjoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well the only thing I can think of is that foods high in sugar will give heighten your blood sugar level, but then this will drop very rapidly which will lead to exhaustion.
But you say that it happens regardless of the food you eat, however make sure you are eating slow releasing carbohydrates found in bread, pasta etc instead of sugary foods like chocolate. Bananas are really good for long lasting energy too!
ilyking
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
procrastination

your mind doesn't want to accept it so it tricks itself into thinking you're tired for an excuse to hit the hay

happens to me often, though a different story for different people, but this is certainly one to think about
WildBerrySpirit
Rep:
?
(Original post by twoforjoy)
Well the only thing I can think of is that foods high in sugar will give heighten your blood sugar level, but then this will drop very rapidly which will lead to exhaustion.
But you say that it happens regardless of the food you eat, however make sure you are eating slow releasing carbohydrates found in bread, pasta etc instead of sugary foods like chocolate. Bananas are really good for long lasting energy too!

I've actually had to minimise my intake of bread, pasta, rice etc, considering they were some of the main culprits to cause bloatedness.

Bananas are fine in moderation though, I tend to have them for breakfast.

I'll be seeing my GP tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some insight in terms of the issue.
WildBerrySpirit
Rep:
?
(Original post by ilyking)
procrastination

your mind doesn't want to accept it so it tricks itself into thinking you're tired for an excuse to hit the hay

happens to me often, though a different story for different people, but this is certainly one to think about
It's a thought, but in my case I don't think procrastination is the problem. I'm constantly tired, I'd sleep for long hours and despite getting plenty of rest, I would still feel both mentally and physically knackered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads