sex Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i need to put my mind at rest
i had sex last night and i used protection but i'm always a little worried that it might have spilt or something? what are the chances of it happening, i didn't use lube either
foldingstars45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
condoms (I'm assuming by protected that you mean condoms) are something like 99% effective... if you're worried it's always best to use two types of contraception together
Refrigerator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
let's just say that if you have protected sex 100 times, chances are you would have at least 1 accidental baby
INeedToLoseWeight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's fine. The first few times you do worry, but eventually you realise how difficult it is to get pregnant and it just goes to the back of your mind.
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well when you pulled out did you notice any splits or holes or anything leaking? If not then don't worry as condoms are about 99% effective or something like that.
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Refrigerator)
let's just say that if you have protected sex 100 times, chances are you would have at least 1 accidental baby
This can't be right...unless I've got a few offspring that I don't know about...
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, we don't know if it split, because we weren't there. But if you think it might have split, then it might be useful to get the emergency contraceptive pill, if not, to put your mind at rest. (I believe up to 78 hours it's useful, but obviously the chances of it working start to fall the longer you leave it).
Refrigerator
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LostRiots)
This can't be right...unless I've got a few offspring that I don't know about...
well if the 99% figure is right that means that you're likely to have 1 pregnancy after having sex 100 times
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't worry about it.Even without any condoms her getting pregnant is unlikely.
big-boss-91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i need to put my mind at rest
i had sex last night and i used protection but i'm always a little worried that it might have spilt or something? what are the chances of it happening, i didn't use lube either
you got nothing to worry about there, if the condom splits, trust me you would know!
condoms are 99% effective. Lube doesn't really affect the consequences of sex apart from making it easier to go in and out
dreiviergrenadier
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well if the 99% figure is right that means that you're likely to have 1 pregnancy after having sex 100 times
People don't automatically get pregnant just because a condom fails, otherwise every time people had uncontracepted sex the woman would get pregnant.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by lostriots)
maybe my balls don't work.
gavin and stacey
i'm pregnant!....'my balls work'
Metropolis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it actually 98%, and you need to wait 3 months to find out if you have HIV

glhf
Will :D
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah, when they quote percentages it means that if 100 women were using that form of contraception , only about 1 would get pregnant in a year
Refrigerator
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Will :D)
Nah, when they quote percentages it means that if 100 women were using that form of contraception , only about 1 would get pregnant in a year
ah, that does make more sense
Blueflare
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That seriously isn't what it means.

It means that if 100 couples were to use condoms for a year, statistically, one of them would become pregnant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads