If Kate suddenly died, the world would mourn. If a poor kid died,no one gives a **** Watch

slavetosociety
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just thought I lay out the reactions of people in these two cases. If kate suddenly died, the whole world mourn as if they lost one of their parents or something. But if a poor kid in afrida dies of malnutrition or a palestinian kid gets blown to bits, we dont give a **** to be honest.

We care so much about the higher class and celebrities in general that we sometimes live in a fantasy world distorting our image of the real world. As long as it doesn't happen to us and the higher elite, we couldn't care less what the **** goes on elsewhere.
therealOG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Celebrity news sells.
desku
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No ****?
kimmey
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we wouldnt want to see the 200 million pounds that we paid go to waste
Nepene
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kate isn't all that. I wouldn't mourn.
Refrigerator
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone knows and likes Kate, nobody knows the Palestinian kid who'll get blown up. You're being unreasonable to hate on people for this.

why the negs?! I went down from 55 to 35 and I don't even know why
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If a queen bee died, the bees would react more negatively then if another worker bee died.

Humans are no different.

Either way, I wouldn't mourn if she died.
Gryffindor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kate's just become the future Queen of England. If we mourned every time a poor child died we would be mourning all day every day.
hello_dave
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Poor kids die all the time, we'd be mourning every bloody second of our lives if we did
LauraRawra
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would care if both die..... why be so morbid? its a different story that is practically impossible to compare.
Tefhel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And...?
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Refrigerator)
Everyone knows and likes Kate, nobody knows the Palestinian kid who'll get blown up. You're being unreasonable to hate on people for this.
More like "everyone knows and wants to shag Kate".
Charzhino
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thats the way the world works, DEAL WITH IT.

P.s someone put that gif of the crab with a cig in its pincer with the words deal with it at the bottom, its hilarious
chloe-xo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everybody knows Her that's why and it's not that people wouldn't care about a child they wouldn't know and it wouldn't be publicised a Childs death means just as much to his parents as it would for kates parents
DLJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This would be, in three words, the ugly truth.

I mean, it happens everywhere, children live and grow up in poverty in Africa, then die without anybody batting an eyelid after doing or saying the wrong thing to a drug lord. Once or twice we might see an advertisement on TV asking us to donate £3 a month, that's it. It's ugly, but it's the truth.
student77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
humans are not equal
Ollie53
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What a stupid thread...
Vozhak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When Knut the polar bear died many across the globe mourned, we mourned an animal a so called "lower being", we knew to mourn for it, because it was well known, your argument makes no sense, obviously better known things and/or people will be mourned more......
ilyking
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
tbh I don't understand why the OP is being negged, think about it, the prince doesn't give a **** about what you lot think. You all worship him anyway, way to go to feed his royal ego-ness
foldingstars45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's because she's in the public eye.
I know it's sad, and everybody should get the respect they deserve when they die - whether they are famous or not - but sadly, that's just not how it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.52%
No - but I will (9)
4.29%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50%

Watched Threads