The Student Room Group

why don't you republicans go and move to america?

please, stop moaning about the monarchy. if you hate it move.

for the sane people, lets all be proud of the wonderful british monarchy and the wonderful british christian heritage that was on full display today. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What i think of when i see american's talking about it..

Reply 2
if you hate it move...
is that even an argument?

There are sooo many things wrong with your argument that it's not worth bothering.

Since when did people either accept the status quo or leave their country?

The wonderful british monarchy and it's christian heritage was on full display today?

He married a commoner who he had sex with countless times before they got married.

Oh yeah he's definitely following tradition!
Why on Earth should they? Being English or British and having Republican views are not mutually exclusive.

Have you ever heard of freedom of speech?
Even if we stopped giving the monarchy money and ended their rule they would still own a huge amount of land, money and assets. Nothing will change. Atleast now we get 200+ million a year thats given from the crown to treasury and all the benefits of tourism. People come to the UK, see its castles and sites because they are all real. They arnt fake like American castles or those in obsolete in france
Original post by humanrights
please, stop moaning about the monarchy. if you hate it move.

for the sane people, lets all be proud of the wonderful british monarchy and the wonderful british christian heritage that was on full display today. :smile:

Or we could stay in this country and endeavour to bring down the archaic, elitist system that plagues us.

Heritage is great. Put it in museums, where it belongs.
Reply 6
Original post by Tommyjw

Trump is a real character mate.

It would actually be fun to see him on the world stage.

I think it'd be interesting.He would probably cause world war 3(not even exaggerating here) but it'd still be fun from an observer's point of view.
Reply 7
Err, because it's a free country?
Everyone needs to stop complaining and being so morbid, today was beautiful cant we respect and enjoy that?
Reply 9
move to france you haters. its called nation shopping. stop trying to force your warped views on the vast majority who love the monarchy.
Original post by Jace Falco
Or we could stay in this country and endeavour to bring down the archaic, elitist system that plagues us.

Heritage is great. Put it in museums, where it belongs.

The Crown (aka the Queen) owns Buckingham palace and all of the royal estates in London and around the world.

If we ended it they arnt going to give those places up. They OWN them
Because we were born here and are British by birth, you complete muppet.

And besides, who'd to say we agree with everything about the US, or would be given automatic right to live there?

What an idiot...
Reply 12
One thing I have found on here is that people like to moan for the sake of moaning.
Original post by NGC773
Even if we stopped giving the monarchy money and ended their rule they would still own a huge amount of land, money and assets. Nothing will change. Atleast now we get 200+ million a year thats given from the crown to treasury and all the benefits of tourism. People come to the UK, see its castles and sites because they are all real. They arnt fake like American castles or those in obsolete in france

Or, alternatively, not.

Reply 14
I would, but getting a green card is ****ing impossible.
Original post by Tommyjw

What I think of when I read your comment; "idiot".

He's not even announced running for President, let alone then securing the Republican nomination, but hey ho, its easier to critise others when you have no knowledge on the matter.
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to legally emigrate to America, short of being a brain surgeon or a world class athlete?
Reply 17
I don't know, maybe because we live in a democracy. It's like saying why don't all those not in favour of a conservative or labour government **** off.

Do you actually realise the hypocrisy of what you have just said.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by IlexBlue
I would, but getting a green card is ****ing impossible.

Good point, if I could move there I would. I'd move to France, Germany, Spain etc as well, but not speaking the languages is a slight issue. But ultimately, as British people, we have a right to our opinions about this country. And our families and friends are here too...
Reply 19
Original post by manchild007
What I think of when I read your comment; "idiot".

He's not even announced running for President, let alone then securing the Republican nomination, but hey ho, its easier to critise others when you have no knowledge on the matter.

Actually he has talked about seriously considering (basically said he is) running for presidency in 2012 on CNN..

Problem bro?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending