Really need advice. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm sixteen and I've lived with my mum my entire life after my parents split up when I was about 3. I didn't realise she had a drinking problem till a few years ago, but it's always been there. She's been abusive since I was young, not constantly, but every now and again (usually when she'd been drinking, obviously). It still sometimes happens. I've never coped with it particularly well but yesterday and today it's suddenly just started to feel different.

she's been very ill in the past year, several times, things that have been quite traumatic for me and she also also had a near-death experience last year (I developed ptsd from witnessing it and i really dont feel comfortable writing what happened). i'm constantly paranoid and suffering bad anxiety, and at the moment, everything just feels so pointless. she doesnt acknowledge her problem, either. i told her i knew she was an alcoholic recently and she denied it completely.

she begun drinking again and is now in hospital from it. i thought everything had changed and i desperately wished it'd all stop, but now everything's resurfacing and i can't cope :'( she just won't acknowledge her problem and i'm scared she'll get ill when there's only me around or even worse, die from this. my elder brother now lives at uni and she only has me to look after her, but i can't do it. a bit ago i almost moved out and went to live with my dad but i couldnt bring myself to do it. everything just feels so pointless right now, i can't leave this house for another 2 years now but i cant stay here, something else will happen and i cant go through anymore traumatic incidents, i'm terrified and i just wish i was someone completely different so i didnt have to deal with this anymore..

i don't know what to do,and i need help. but i don't know who can help me. i can't tell family and betray her, either.

if i tell my form tutor at school that i don't feel like i'm coping very well and i need someone to talk to, will she be legally obligated to tell someone? i wont mention the abuse or the alcoholism, just that shes ill and i can't deal with it, i need to talk to someone about it after holding it in for 2 years (my best friends have no idea) but my mum cannot find out.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
bump..
thegoodthebadandtheTom
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think anyone on here is qualified to help you, I'm certainly not. Please, call Samaritans 08457 90 90 90, they are confidential and will talk to you whenever. I know what its like to have a parent with a drnking problem, please talk to someone.
Dizzy94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
NOTE!!!! Its good your getting help but please bear in mind that your FORM tutor will tell someone. I told mine about a sexually abusive relative. It went from getting something off my chest to being in care the next day. In the end it worked out and im much happier. However, thanks to her telling social services, things were rushed and taken put my control. I feel it would have been 100X better if i had been allowed to set my own pace.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise