EU Student Loan On Line Problem, Settled Status. Watch

David.Malinovsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I have a little problem with my student loan online-application. I'm a EU Student, so I know that I'm eligible only for Tution Fees Loan but I have an obstacle I can't cope with.

In My residency section:

"Do you have "settled status" in the UK?"

And If I choose "yes"

I have another information required to fill in:

"Give the date that you received this status. (dd/mm/yyyy)"

What should I do?
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You don't have settled status.
speedbird
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by David.Malinovsky)
Hi,

I have a little problem with my student loan online-application. I'm a EU Student, so I know that I'm eligible only for Tution Fees Loan but I have an obstacle I can't cope with.

In My residency section:

"Do you have "settled status" in the UK?"

And If I choose "yes"

I have another information required to fill in:

"Give the date that you received this status. (dd/mm/yyyy)"

What should I do?
You don't have settled status. The thing is, if you're an EU student you can't apply online. You can only apply in paper, there is a form made specially for EU students.

I received my notice of entitlement or whatever it's called a few weeks ago.
David.Malinovsky
Rep:
?
Thanks Guys! Luckily, UCAS have sent my EU11N Form.

But what should I do with this online application, I didn't finish & send it to student finance. I have just filled it in and saved. I even didnt choose my form of finance.

But My personal, course and ucas details are there. I have right now Customer Service Number coz I've created an account at DirectGov's Student Finance. (correct me if I'm wrong)

What should I do about that? Just "leave it there" and send my paper application as I should - or call EU Team at Student Finance?
flipshot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by David.Malinovsky)
Thanks Guys! Luckily, UCAS have sent my EU11N Form.

But what should I do with this online application, I didn't finish & send it to student finance. I have just filled it in and saved. I even didnt choose my form of finance.

But My personal, course and ucas details are there. I have right now Customer Service Number coz I've created an account at DirectGov's Student Finance. (correct me if I'm wrong)

What should I do about that? Just "leave it there" and send my paper application as I should - or call EU Team at Student Finance?
Leave it there but make sure you put the customer number on your paper form. The paper form will then override any information you provided online.
David.Malinovsky
Rep:
?
(Original post by flipshot)
Leave it there but make sure you put the customer number on your paper form. The paper form will then override any information you provided online.
Thanks Mate, you really cheered me up. I was kinda worried about that whole thing.

But I'll call them either way to make sure : )

Thanks!
-D
Loukelemen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi guys what does settled status actually mean? I have my partner, shes spanish but has been living here about 2 years... I am british and I was just wandering what does the settled status mean... If you are settled you are entitled to student support.. So its a crazy mistery? Please advice me on what to do.
Lou
noma5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Settled status

You are normally resident in the United Kingdom with no immigration restriction on the length of your stay. To be free of immigration restriction you must have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.

From http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/glossary?letter=S
Loukelemen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So my gf she has the right to stay eithout leaving because she is spanisn, she is resident here even tjough she only bern here 1 year and a bit can she still get student finance? I know people who have recieved it and have only bern here 3 months or less than a year?
What id the glitch?
Lou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise