Non vegetarians does this film not have and impact upon you? Watch

Inspired12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The documentary Earthlings.
After watching this it really made me feel as though animals have every right to be here as we do. Just because they cannot talk, are different from us and are not as intelligent as us does not mean we should abuse the power we have over them and take advantage of them by killing them and eating them.

I was a non veg before watching this but it has made me reflects upon my views. I'm debating now whether to be a veggie or not.

http://www.earthlings.com/
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The pictures and things just do not affect me tbh. I eat meat and nothing will change that. Not saying I agree with factory farming ect but still.

Well sorry TSR that I like meat. Did't realize this was a bad opinion
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, I'm off for a nice rare steak now...
U.S Lecce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope.
Rob9292
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i think the worst one was where the animal got skinned alive...
Lewroll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is no need to become a vegetarian. Humans are at the top of the food chain so it is our place to eat anything below us if we want to. However we should try to improve the conditions which we keep animals in so that they have a decent life before they die. Just buy free range meat and eggs.
Implo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No but that was still unpleasent to watch lol.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Inspired12)
The documentary Earthlings.
After watching this it really made me feel as though animals have every right to be here as we do. Just because they cannot talk, are different from us and are not as intelligent as us does not mean we should abuse the power we have over them and take advantage of them by killing them and eating them.

I was a non veg before watching this but it has made me reflects upon my views. I'm debating now whether to be a veggie or not.

http://www.earthlings.com/
There is a difference between eating meat to survive and being efficient about it and out right abusing animals. You should always eat meat as that is what you are made for and it is very good for you, however if you feel this strongly about it, make sure you eat free range stuff etc.
mellie220
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you feel bad because animals are treated bad, you may as well go vegan.
There are many instances in which cows are treated bad for their milk and chickens are kept in horrendous conditions for their eggs. Those animals suffer a long life time of cruelty and their products are probably put into foods you eat every single day.
Aisha~~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Killing and eating animals isn't abusing them....

Things like battery hens IS abuse. But universally categorizing carnivorous behaviour as "abuse" is retarded.
loki276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably not just like that other website didn't
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
There is no need to become a vegetarian. Humans are at the top of the food chain so it is our place to eat anything below us if we want to. However we should try to improve the conditions which we keep animals in so that they have a decent life before they die. Just buy free range meat and eggs.
Being at the top of the food chain is one of the worst reasons I've heard for eating meat. It in no way means "it's our place" to eat any animal we want on the planet just because we can... Humans are also one of the only species who systematically attack and kill each other. Does that mean war is good?

You eat meat because it tastes nice - not because you feel you should because of your place in the food chain. I'm not going to try and convince anyone to stop eating meat (mainly because it's futile), but don't make up excuses for why you do it.
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
There is a difference between eating meat to survive and being efficient about it and out right abusing animals. You should always eat meat as that is what you are made for and it is very good for you, however if you feel this strongly about it, make sure you eat free range stuff etc.
We weren't "made to eat meat", we just have structural adaptations to allow us to eat meat should we choose to. Meat may be good for you, but it doesn't therefore follow that not eating meat is bad for you. Vegetables are good for you - does that mean you need to eat every single variety or your diet will be bad?

Again, as I just said, I won't try and convince anyone not to eat meat. But if you are confident it's ethical to do so, why try and make up random excuses for your behaviour? Just eat it.
Lewroll
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
Being at the top of the food chain is one of the worst reasons I've heard for eating meat. It in no way means "it's our place" to eat any animal we want on the planet just because we can... Humans are also one of the only species who systematically attack and kill each other. Does that mean war is good?

You eat meat because it tastes nice - not because you feel you should because of your place in the food chain. I'm not going to try and convince anyone to stop eating meat (mainly because it's futile), but don't make up excuses for why you do it.
I don't have to provide any reasons why I eat meat. You are the one who claims eating meat is bad, so the burden is on you to prove why. Until you can provide a valid reason why I, or anyone else should not eat meat, than we will continue to eat it
IFondledAGibbon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People don't care because they hold prejudice that is speciesism. There is no logical reason why all humans are superior to all non-human animals. There is not one morally defining characteristic that all humans share and all non-human animals lack. Since any notions of intelligence or emotion don’t apply to all humans, so it would be wrong to generalise to them.
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would have no problem with eating human meat if it was legal.

So there's goes the morality.
Troubled_Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But chicken?
IFondledAGibbon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
I don't have to provide any reasons why I eat meat. You are the one who claims eating meat is bad, so the burden is on you to prove why. Until you can provide a valid reason why I, or anyone else should not eat meat, than we will continue to eat it
Just because something is a societal norm doesn't mean the burden of justification is lifted.
Smitherers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
Bit of creationism seeping in there?

I eat tofu, lentils, beans and nuts to get my protein. They're very good for me too.

The simple fact is, you don't need meat to survive. Nor cheese/milk/eggs, but thats for another day...
Lewroll
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
Just because something is a societal norm doesn't mean the burden of justification is lifted.
It is not just a social norm. It is biological. If a human grows up alone on an island with other animals on it, he will probably eat them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.75%
No - but I will (53)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
47.95%

Watched Threads