Any advice on getting over a guy? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Okay so... I met this guy a few months ago, we got talking and exchanged numbers and for the next two months or so texted constantly (like 300 texts a day) and spent every night up till like 3am talking to each other on facebook/skype/msn etc.

We instantly clicked and had loads in common so we met up a couple of times and we had such a good time together. He lives about an hour and a half away, but he would get the train over or drive over to see me.

I was going through quite a tough time with my family and with uni pressure and was quite stressed out, and I guess talking to him was like an escape from my life because it completely took my mind off everything that was going on. But the more we talked, the closer we got, and the more I fell for him.

In the last couple of weeks though he has become really distant with me. I don't know if I've done something to change the way he feels about me or if his life has suddenly got really busy or something :/. Despite being really close and telling each other everything, I feel like I barely know him.

I'm trying to move on and just forget about him, but I can't get him out of my head. I don't think I've never liked anyone as much as I liked him. I don't want to constantly text him or anything and seem overclingy, but I miss how things were between us.

I was thinking I may just delete all contact I have with him and remove him completely from my life so that I can try to get over him and move on, but I'll soon be living near to him, and I don't want to bump into him and it be really awkward.

Any advice? Thanks
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you REALLY want to get over him and not try to sort it out or talk it out then: start afresh, change your mobile number, delete all forms of contact with him. Don't stalk his facebook page or any other sort of social networking that you're both on. Find something else to focus on, be it friends, family or your education/work. Don't purposely try to forget him though, I think if you accept how things are then it's easier to get over it, though it'll still take time. Don't listen to sad or depressing songs, listen to upbeat, feel-good ones It will definitely take time though, :console:, but good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads