subwoofers Watch

Sonny-Lee1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
right, my flatmate has been pissing me off all year with his subwoofer. i've asked him so many times to keep the noise down when i'm trying to sleep at night, and every time i do he just gives me this look of derision, as if it's so much of a chore for him to be less loud and annoying... right now i have loads of exams coming up, and starting to get pretty nervous, and feel like i never really get a proper nights sleep, cause the sound just comes through the walls. i know this is a bit dodgy, but i was wondering if theres any way of disabling the subwoofer until the end of the exams so i can get some sleep, then maybe repair it at the end of it all? if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated
bestofyou
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sonny-Lee1990)
right, my flatmate has been pissing me off all year with his subwoofer. i've asked him so many times to keep the noise down when i'm trying to sleep at night, and every time i do he just gives me this look of derision, as if it's so much of a chore for him to be less loud and annoying... right now i have loads of exams coming up, and starting to get pretty nervous, and feel like i never really get a proper nights sleep, cause the sound just comes through the walls. i know this is a bit dodgy, but i was wondering if theres any way of disabling the subwoofer until the end of the exams so i can get some sleep, then maybe repair it at the end of it all? if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated
I'm not very technical, but I know you could blow the woofer by playing a song (preferably a song with loads of bass) VERY loud. This will disable the woofer permenantly. He'll need a new one.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Talk to your land lord, or the manager or whatever if it's halls. Is actually a crime to play music too loud, especially after a certain time. It may sound harsh, and he may be a 'friend' but i've almost resorted to it in my flat once during the first few weeks, he soon learned when i got security to come. Now were all fine ;D
BLineDisaster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sonny-Lee1990)
Explain the situation to your flatmate, if it continues ask once more and then explain you will get it sorted out, if he still refuses to cooperate; then talk to your landlord/halls rep or whatever.

Don't mess with his property because you would be in the wrong then, and he will have scope on you should things get nasty.

Just play by the book, the more time you spend plotting, the less time you spend revising

Good luck with your exams!
Sonny-Lee1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
yeah, is didn't want to have to resort to anything like that, destruction of property's not particularly something i want to take part in. i guess speaking to folk in the office would be an idea, if he continues to be a pain when i ask him, i'll give that a go.

cheers for the advice everyone, probably sounding like a nutcase here, i just had a bit of a freak out moment :P
simstar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
can you get your mobile phone right near where the subwoofer is might interfere with his signal and make an irritating noise for him as well?? not sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed