whih year is the most important? Watch

dagak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys,
I am studying in Aberdeen . I want to aks you guys, in your first degree which year was the most important for the final mark? all of them just third and 4th or simply fourth? I mean when we graduate which count the most and how they calculate the final mark?
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The 3rd and 4th years are used to calculate your degree classification.
dagak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Delaney)
The 3rd and 4th years are used to calculate your degree classification.
no 2nd at all? do they calculate as a overwall?
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dagak)
no 2nd at all? do they calculate as a overwall?
1st and 2nd year don't count at all. I'm not sure how they calculate it but it is definitely your 3rd and 4th year - ask your advisor of studies/lecturer.
dagak
Rep:
?
thabk u. and do u know how much exams pojnts we need to have on second year to get into third? 9 or 12?
Laura_f_1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2nd year does, depending on the course. Social Sciences 2nd year is important as it counts towards what dissertation you may get.

Life sciences only 3rd and 4th count
Kirsteneg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dagak)
Hi guys,
I am studying in Aberdeen . I want to aks you guys, in your first degree which year was the most important for the final mark? all of them just third and 4th or simply fourth? I mean when we graduate which count the most and how they calculate the final mark?
You obviously need to pass 1st and 2nd year courses, but they don't count towards your overall degree classification. I think 3rd year is 40% of your overall degree and 4th year is 60%.
dagak
Rep:
?
The response which I got from my director of studies:
Dear Dagmara

For School of Medical Sciences degrees (like yours) the final grade is based only on the marks you get for the courses you do in the final year so nothing you have done up to the Honours year counts - except you need to have passed 360 credits-worth of courses and passed all the required courses for your degree programme. We also have a minimum average grade for entry into Honours based on 3rd year marks. So in 3rd year you need to have achieved CAS 12 in all your third year courses to be allowed into the Honours year.
Laura_f_1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also the higher the marks you get in third year, the higher the chance you'll get your top dissertation choice as it goes by grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed