I'm losing the plot lol: the exam stress and tension thread. Watch

mirin?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have hundreds of cases for my Law exams to learn with 3 weeks. My notes are ****. I have been studying for hours and hours on end and feel like i've only scraped the tip of the iceberg. I'm probably screwed.

Most of the concepts are learnable, but then you have the odd topic that is horrednous. I'm waffling on and drifting off as i type this, but honestly, it's my own damn fault for picking this subject. ****ing hating it at the minute because its just one big memory test.
Ferrero Rocher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Poor you. :console:
nunugab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Calm down, get some rest and try again tomorrow. Sometimes having a detailed plan is all that you need. Plan your revision, make sure everything is up to date before embarking on your revision, this means having appropriate reading materials, good notes, lecture slides, essentially anything that may be beneficial for your revision. Also do not attempt to cram the material, take it slow and try to genuinenly understand what you're revising.
Young Spade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well i'm sure you knew what you were getting into when you picked the class, you got this though, think about all of the time you have, sit back, and manage your time accordingly.

I hate the workload I have to do in relation to a large percentage of people at my university but I knew it was going to be this way when I started. It'll all pay off in the end; that's what I like to think anyway
Miss Mary
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's this wonderful technique called 'studying with somebody else'.
mirin?
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ferrero Rocher)
Poor you. :console:

American, but relevant lol.

Will check this thread in the morning.
Chillaxer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mirin?)
I have hundreds of cases for my Law exams to learn with 3 weeks. My notes are ****. I have been studying for hours and hours on end and feel like i've only scraped the tip of the iceberg. I'm probably screwed.

Most of the concepts are learnable, but then you have the odd topic that is horrednous. I'm waffling on and drifting off as i type this, but honestly, it's my own damn fault for picking this subject. ****ing hating it at the minute because its just one big memory test.
Some people would love to be doing law. I was doing maths, but wanted to be doing it.
You can't be screwed.
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss Mary)
There's this wonderful technique called 'studying with somebody else'.
Yes, you have the teacher and the pupil(s) in this case. One person always knows more than someone else and the latter asks the former for help. It's extremely rare to find a group of people who put the same amount of input in and manage to make their revision productive.
mirin?
Rep:
?
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Yes, you have the teacher and the pupil(s) in this case. One person always knows more than someone else and the latter asks the former for help. It's extremely rare to find a group of people who put the same amount of input in and manage to make their revision productive.
This. I don't want to be teaching a scrounger.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (254)
38.84%
No - but I will (45)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.09%

Watched Threads