Mac Finder wont start (due to moronic behaviour) Watch

nunugab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Alrighty, yesterday I couldn't sleep so I was customizing my mac! I found a Leopard theme ported over to SL which I desperately wanted to try. The theme came without an installer so I had to move the files manually. For some reason I couldn't simply move the theme files to the directory, instead I had to copy the original finder files into a back-up folder, delete them from the directory and then move over the themes files. Well something happened and Finder stopped working! I got the error message 'Finder won't open, 10810'. Now to my question, is it possible for me to somehow reset Finder without formatting the drive? I do have the original finder files on the desktop but I'm unable to view my desktop or any thing in Finder at all. Even spotlight doesn't work, so any commands using Terminal can be ruled out!

All help is appreciated!

Edit: I do not have a back-up of my current drive and I'd prefer not to format it, if this is a possible option ofc.
The-Wi$e-One
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Insert Snow Leopard DVD, boot from it...and repair OS, should do the job.
nunugab
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
Insert Snow Leopard DVD, boot from it...and repair OS, should do the job.
Alright thanks will try that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads