Meeting new ppl vs spending time with friends? Watch

Flyer8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm at uni and lately I have not met many new friends, as if I fell for the trap of settling into our social group. Thats fair enough, I do want to know people better, as oppose to half-knowing a bunch of strangers; those I met in freshers are nowhere in sight - the friend I have is ones I frequently see, and hence end-up spending more time with. I try to tell myself, that meeting friends frequently surely is better than those one never see again. Plus I prefer familar things as oppose to adventure in new things.

Though started to wonder whether it is possible to have both -to balance meeting new friends, and making time for ones I know? If so how do start? I know its never too late.

Cheers.
Young Spade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really? C'mon man, you're going to a university, I'm sure you know how to figure this out. Hang out with who you want to? I mean...

What?
Miss G
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, you can do both o.O. Just talk to people who seem interesting in your class or society and ask them to grab a cup of coffee for a start! You don't always have to hang out with your group of friends, they'll understand if you decide to see someone else once in a while!

But yes, talking to new people over a cup of coffee is a good place to start! Then, if you have a lot in common, maybe invite them out when you go out with your friends and introduce them to your circle of friends? Or go see a movie or something that is less engaging. Then, they might introduce you to their friends, and there you go! Rinse and repeat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads