Pop Punk, Metal etc Watch

ohokay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I feel as though I'm one of the only people in London to listen to this stuff.
A group of my friends did, but they've all gone now.

I used to go out with them to Anthem at Punk, and Facedown at Scala etc, but now I don't have anyone to go with.

Is there anyone else out there?

I'm also just a casual metal fan (I love listening to it, but I'm not gonna base my lifestyle around it and dress in antifashion and pretend I'm mean etc)

I just wanna meet someone I can share music with and have a fun time at alternative clubs!
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ohokay)

I used to go out with them to Anthem at Punk, and Facedown at Scala etc, but now I don't have anyone to go with.

I'm also just a casual metal fan (I love listening to it, but I'm not gonna base my lifestyle around it and dress in antifashion and pretend I'm mean etc)

I just wanna meet someone I can share music with and have a fun time at alternative clubs!

........ wat?

Though, seeing as you've mentioned pop punk alongside metal I presume what you class as metal is isn't quite the same as myself.
ohokay
Rep:
?
(Original post by concubine)
........ wat?

Though, seeing as you've mentioned pop punk alongside metal I presume what you class as metal is isn't quite the same as myself.
I like anything from Forever the sickest kids, a day to remember, four year strong, hit the lights etc to emmure, the devil wears prada, parkway drive to older stuff like slipknot, metallica, pantera.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with an ecclectic music taste?
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

What? You don't need to dress like a tool to listen to metal.

Jesus...
concubine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)

Jesus...

Shhhh. Stop sharing our secrets.

Haha, it's generally the people that listen to the kinda bands listed beneath that seem to dress all funny too. Most of the people I know are into more underground black/death/experimental kinda **** and basically everyone looks... Normal.

I like anything from Forever the sickest kids, a day to remember, four year strong, hit the lights etc to emmure, the devil wears prada, parkway drive to older stuff like slipknot, metallica, pantera.

Hahaha.

But yeah, that's kinda what I expected.

If you're actually into metal, London is one of the best places in the world really.
ohokay
Rep:
?

Jesus...
Ya I know, that's what I'm saying.
I'm sick of people that do that.
I know plenty of people like that,
but can't seem to find someone on the same level as me
ohokay
Rep:
?
Shhhh. Stop sharing our secrets.

Hahaha.

But yeah, that's kinda what I expected.

If you're actually into metal, London is one of the best places in the world really.

What you expected? I don't see what's so wrong with that.
It may be but that doesnt make my situation any different, does it?
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

It's like you were trying to prove him right...

Seriously though, London is the ****in place to be for metal (at least in the UK). I'm going to Aberdeen in September and although there is quite a strong metalhead population, no decent bands ever go there. I'm going to seriously miss London.
ohokay
Rep:
?
(Original post by 69Crazyfists)
It's like you were trying to prove him right...

Seriously though, London is the ****in place to be for metal (at least in the UK). I'm going to Aberdeen in September and although there is quite a strong metalhead population, no decent bands ever go there. I'm going to seriously miss London.
Right about what?!
Bloody hell, what would you have preferred me to have said, "I only like 36 Crazyfists wooo 36 Crazyfists for life"??

I meet new people and I hang out with them, go to parties with them, pick up on their tastes, learn their bands etc, I like loads of bands.

All I was wondering is where the **** everyone is but I don't wanna know if the "correct" genre in your eyes is so bloody important to you
concubine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hahaha.

TSR is the best hangover cure.

Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Right about what?!
Bloody hell, what would you have preferred me to have said, "I only like 36 Crazyfists wooo 36 Crazyfists for life"??

I meet new people and I hang out with them, go to parties with them, pick up on their tastes, learn their bands etc, I like loads of bands.

All I was wondering is where the **** everyone is but I don't wanna know if the "correct" genre in your eyes is so bloody important to you
You are by far the most defensive person i have encountered on here. Calm down.
ohokay
Rep:
?
You are by far the most defensive person i have encountered on here. Calm down.
I'm sorry.
I've had a really bad time lately and I'm trying to move on and make new friends/ start going out again, and I feel nerdy enough as it is posting on an online forum (rather than talking to actual people) and all I'm getting is aggro for no reason. Just makes it seem impossible to find anyone I can get on with.
mc1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Opeth.

That is all.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sorry.
I've had a really bad time lately and I'm trying to move on and make new friends/ start going out again, and I feel nerdy enough as it is posting on an online forum (rather than talking to actual people) and all I'm getting is aggro for no reason. Just makes it seem impossible to find anyone I can get on with.
I think its your attitude which is preventing you from meeting new people. If you continue to blow up at people for no reason they will avoid you.
metalthrashin'mad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

2 metal bands in the list, and neither has been that good for a good 15 years.
Nichrome
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

:facepalm2:

Just go to Electric Ballroom or something, though I fear even that would be too 'metal' for your tastes.
akmd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mc1000)
Opeth.

That is all.
Well said that man.

As someone who has been into the genre for a decade now, I can safely that there is no better place to live in the UK for metal than London. Virtually every major band* you can think of is guaranteed to play there, plenty of metal cubs to choose from and it's where Iron Maiden are from. The only other place in the UK that comes close to that is Birmingham.

*Carcass and Immortal have snubbed London recently which makes me sad as I love me some Carcass and Immortal even moreso.
Carnivores
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
........ wat?

I like both of those things and dude,a common saying around my friends is (referring to me) "That's heavier than the metal she listens to!"
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Carnivores)
I like both of those things and dude,a common saying around my friends is (referring to me) "That's heavier than the metal she listens to!"
Congratulations? music cockwaving isnt attractive, jus' sayin'.
Pinball_heart
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love that kind of music, always will.
People go through my iPod and get scared.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise