The Student Room Group

The ideal girl (in London from France..) : age gap ?

Before saying I'm an idiot, please read :

I met a girl recently. She is attractive, clever (she got into the University of Manchester), she loves the same things as me (in term of music it's amazing how many things we have in common), I can spend hours speaking to her about all and nothing, she's caring, funny, laughs at my jokes, is always up for an adventure, we went to electro gigs together, and I can go on and on. And above all : she's French. French, with that sexy little accent. She speaks English reeally good though, hence why she's been accepted in English unis. She is mature for her age. But well, she's only 17, and I am 20. We slept together but I can't bring myself to accept this : I feel like she's a bit young... I won't see her again before a few months though.

To sum it up : French, sexy, awesome girl, but a bit young to me. Am I right to feel bad about having something with her ? Does she seem too good to be true anyway?

I feel ****ing lost !

(anon cause I believr she's on here)

Scroll to see replies

Not too young imo
Reply 2
it's only three years age gap...you're chillin
Just curious as to whether you got the title from the Libertines song, or whether it's a coincidence that it's the same as the lyrics?
Did she come over and leave you, leave you entranced?
(edited 12 years ago)
If you feel she's too young, she's too young.
Reply 5
3 years isn't that much and you clearly really like her so there's no need to feel guilty.
Reply 6
No, it's only 3 years. Just wait until she's 18 to let people know about your...sexual relationship as that is illegal. But 3 years is no big deal, really.
Reply 7
Original post by Miss G
No, it's only 3 years. Just wait until she's 18 to let people know about your...sexual relationship as that is illegal. But 3 years is no big deal, really.

The age of consent is 16. And it's only 15 in France. OP is well in the clear.
Reply 8
Original post by Miss G

...no it isn't. 16 is the age of consent?
Reply 9
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Just curious as to whether you got the title from the Libertines song, or whether it's a coincidence that it's the same as the lyrics?

The Libertines song : well spotted :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Did she come over and leave you, leave you entranced?

I didnt kiss her goodbye though. Less romantic...
look at the ticker at the bottom of my signature. Says it all really.
Original post by Anonymous
I didnt kiss her goodbye though. Less romantic...

You have good taste in music then! :smile:
Haha, aw :/ I think you should go for it btw, if you really like her then a three year age gap is nothing :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by MathematicsKiller
If you feel she's too young, she's too young.

This. If you felt like she seemed older and quite mature, you probably wouldn't make this thread.
(sorry I quoted you lollo, didnt mean to!)
I'm French, 17, and go for older guys most of the time haha. 20 is rather young actually!
Reply 15
Original post by Shuvel
...no it isn't. 16 is the age of consent?

Oh really? I thought the age of consent WAS 16 but you still weren't allowed to have sex with people over the age of 18 as you'd be a minor... My bad o.O
Reply 16
Original post by Miss G
Oh really? I thought the age of consent WAS 16 but you still weren't allowed to have sex with people over the age of 18 as you'd be a minor... My bad o.O

Not in the UK, apparently in other countries there are laws (which we should probably take a look at implenting) about there being an age banding on consent, though the age of consent is much lower in those cases. Think theres a few countries in the EU that have 14 as their age of consent, but only with someone within 4 years or something to avoid any exploitation, you'd have to google it.
But thats bit offtopic, in the UK it's 16 no matter what.
Original post by Anonymous
(anon cause I believr she's on here)

I think you have included enough details for the girl to recognise herself if she were to read the thread. Unless there are a few 17-year-old French girls who have been accepted into Manchester and are dating 20-year-old guys who they won't see for a few months... just saying. :biggrin:
Reply 18
bro rule = divide by 2, add 7
20/2=10 10+7=17 ... you're in luck bro.

Usually I'm a bit cynical of age gaps like this as it crosses over between school and uni and it might be a bit weird... is she mature enough? If you found yourself thinking she's acting too young for you then maybe she's not the one for you...

However, you sound like you'd be very good for each other, so if the number is the only thing bothering you, forget about that and go for it! :smile:
Original post by SundayGirl.
I think you have included enough details for the girl to recognise herself if she were to read the thread. Unless there are a few 17-year-old French girls who have been accepted into Manchester and are dating 20-year-old guys who they won't see for a few months... just saying. :biggrin:

Haha. completely true - if she was actually on TSR and read this, she'd know for sure what you were telling other people about her. :wink: But it's nice that you care so much for this girl to actually think about the age gap (which is minimal and could be a LOT worse. I know a 14 year old girl who gave her virginity to a 21 year old) as a lot of people would just go straight for it.

Which I'm sure she'd value, and think about when she knocks the head off your shoulders after posting this lol. :tongue:

But yeah...

Your relationship seems great, non-illegal (also great), though perhaps you should think about this whole 'she'll be leaving me soon' thing, 'cause what's going to happen when she's gone? Is this relationship heading nowhere or are you intending to do something about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending