paramedic entry??? Watch

crazy police pete
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hi everyone
im looking for the best entry to paramedic science degree to start in 2012
im serving as a police officer and will be until i go to uni,so set days as in access course attendance at college will be difficult.i have no A-levels,so what would be my best option? is there an ou entry module or a distance learning access course i can do or would i ahve to cram distance learning a-levels into a year?

any advice would be appreciated
pete
jot92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
heya mate, you can do an access course at college for paramedicine studies.
Offers are usually in the region of 220-260 ucas points range.
This means either you can cram a-lvl's - you would have to do 2-3 to attain the range needed but would be far too much effort. So the access course would be far better.

Besides that, to increase your chances to get a place (if you have the time) as you are working, join groups like St Johns, British Red Cross etc, which highlights extracurricular effort & interest to become a paramedic.

Goodluck

PS- previously it was an apprentaship, but that's been scrapped, the only route in is education at a University supported by your Divisions Ambulance Service
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fact is if you want this you may have to do a bit of give an take. There is pretty much no way you will be able to do distance learning A levels in 2-3 subjects over 1 year and get good grades whilst working. Access courses are you best bet and there are a few that can be done distance learning however, many have these have past the application deadline for Sept 2011. I would also ask the unis you are thinking of applying to if they will accept distance learning as some don't. You can do OU modules to a point, I was told a 30 credit module was equivalent to an A level however again check with the uni as that was just from one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (163)
39%
No - but I will (22)
5.26%
No - I don't want to (31)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed