Uni choices help please! Watch

dilligaf16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi I have managed to get down to these 5 universities for medicine, from my research I can't see that any of these are particular GCSE heavy but could anyone tell me if I'm wrong and any info that I may find useful such as what they are keen on seeing. Any help would be much appreciated

Keele
Leicester
St Georges
Barts
Leeds
purplefrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Showing skills for teamwork, communication and independence - as well as reliability - will be paramount for Barts in particular given the nature of their PBL course.
I also believe Barts have quite a high UKCAT cut-off though perhaps somebody can shed more light into that?

Leicester tend use a scoring system to shortlist for interview. GCSEs are one of the factors they score. If you go on their website, there is a pdf with their exact criteria and scoring system for you to evaluate your chances. You need a score of roughly 17 to stand a possible chance of interview.
Elwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Leeds and Keele were very competitive this year, so don't think that just because they have lower GCSE requirements they are easier to get into, because they are harder if anything. Also, I wouldn't make your choices just yet until you have sat the UKCAT, many universities have high criteria for that so bear that in mind.
BOD13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Keele is very PS heavy, so would really suit you if academics (namely GCSEs). However, for this reason, your PS really needs to be quite strong. They don't interview a large proportion, so getting one those is half the battle really
nam2590
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Barts cutoff was 660 last yr and some one told me it was 630 this yr.
St Georges interview everyone who meets their minimum entry requirements ... but this also means there's a lot of competition at interview stage, and their interview is pretty hard, you have to do some acting in it as well, so you need to be a fairly confident person to apply to St Georges.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where do you want to live for the next five or six or seven years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads