What date do you set your Anniversary as? Watch

Faustus Fotherby
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys,

I was wondering what date people consider to be the anniversary of their relationship?

For instance any of the following could be contenders for it:

- the date you first met even if that was just a casual meeting and you didn't know them at all
- the date you had your first date
- the date you had your first kiss
- the date you agreed to call each other "boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever"
- the date you went "Facebook official" (for those that do)

My ex had our anniversary down as the time where shortly after we'd first met I'd decided I wanted to get to know him better in person and had arranged to meet up ostensibly to do work, (upon arriving at the library I immediately declared it had been cold on my walk there and I needed to have a hot chocolate in the library café ). We just talked for like 2 hours and I wouldn't really call it a date because I'd just seen it as a way to get to know him better and I had intended to maybe do work together if that was what he really wanted to do.

Was just wondering what other people thought because while he thought it was then I had our anniversary down as the first proper date we went on (which was the next day when we agreed to go into town and have coffee rather than make up an excuse to see each other like I had).

I guess it doesn't really matter so long as you both agree but was just wondering what people thought.
MutantGecko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my anniversary is not the day he asked me out.. but the day i said yes :P so basically when we got together

3rd of January 2010
Smelly Ellie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you become 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend' I'd say.
Lukely
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd call it the day we got together. I picked a good date so I could remember it too. We had our first kiss before we went our separate ways on Christmas Eve and I was so taken aback I asked her on Christmas Day

Oh the cheese is delish.

Not going to forget that anniversary ever.
sophieelis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The date where he asked me out and we got together officially
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well we have the date we admitted our feeling for eachother, the date we went 'facebook official', the date he proposed, which luckily is the same as the first one just a year later, and then we'll have a wedding date as well
*Dreaming*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When we considered each other boyfriend and girlfriend.
Ellsbells3032
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
eithier the first date or when you became bf/gf depending
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The date when you became boyfriend and girlfriend is the conventional way of going about it.
dungeonkeepr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
FB-wise ours is the date we first met. I prefer to say the date of our first date which is about 3 weeks later, but we were together before that, cos we're odd like that
History-Student
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
With my ex the first day we met, had our first date, had our first kiss & first had sex all were the same day, so it was nice and easy to decide.
Arcanen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
- the date you agreed to call each other "boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever
First kiss would be WAY out.
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Arcanen)
First kiss would be WAY out.
Hah my ex decided it was the day we just met up for a casual drink before I even really knew him! Guess we were even further out!
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
Hey guys,

I was wondering what date people consider to be the anniversary of their relationship?

For instance any of the following could be contenders for it:

- the date you first met even if that was just a casual meeting and you didn't know them at all
- the date you had your first date
- the date you had your first kiss
- the date you agreed to call each other "boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever"
- the date you went "Facebook official" (for those that do)

My ex had our anniversary down as the time where shortly after we'd first met I'd decided I wanted to get to know him better in person and had arranged to meet up ostensibly to do work, (upon arriving at the library I immediately declared it had been cold on my walk there and I needed to have a hot chocolate in the library café ). We just talked for like 2 hours and I wouldn't really call it a date because I'd just seen it as a way to get to know him better and I had intended to maybe do work together if that was what he really wanted to do.

Was just wondering what other people thought because while he thought it was then I had our anniversary down as the first proper date we went on (which was the next day when we agreed to go into town and have coffee rather than make up an excuse to see each other like I had).

I guess it doesn't really matter so long as you both agree but was just wondering what people thought.
For us its the first day we went out..

People do that? o.O
Vitamin D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Our first 'real' date.
Ice_Queen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My anniversary is the day someone else referred to us as boyfriend/girlfriend (some stranger in a bar basically told him to keep his girlfriend under control), although it's possible we got the date wrong.

We picked a date out of thin air, really.
Crazy Paving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd go for the date we became bf/gf aka got into a relationship. If it went on to marriage (:afraid:) then I'd use the wedding date as our anniversary.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well my boyfriend (now ex) and I got together wayy before Facebook let you put an anniversary date, so we just guessed at one haha. But we tried to work it out from the night we got together we'd been friends for ages and had to have the discussion about whether it was really worth "ruining our friendship" over. It lasted two years, and we have lovely memories (and some not to lovely) but I can honestly say I wished we hadn't bothered, as we'd still be good friends if it wasn't for that

Sorry for that rant, that really wasn't part of the question was it haha.
Serentonin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The date he asked me whether i'd be his missus I guess.
rosiegarden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always said mine was the day my boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend (my birthday, March 4th) but he argued that it was the day before, when we had our first kiss. Even though we had our first kiss at 2am on March 4th. I let him win anyway so our anniversary is March 3rd. Boys :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise