Worries of getting ill after break up Watch

ohokay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
It's been 4 days since my relationship ended, although it feels like weeks.
I have barely eaten a thing (I have a high metabolism and am used to eating none stop), I can't even manage a bowl of cereal a day.
I've lost a dramatic amount of weight and am becoming really skinny.

I'm vomiting every morning, but there's nothing to come out except for bile.
I have palpitations 24/7, shakes, I feel like I'm hyperventilating.
And the crying is giving me lots of headaches.

The first day, I just smoked about 20 cigarettes (usually smoke 3 a day) and I got mega nicotine rush (light headedness, shakes, fatigue) and so I've tried to go back to under 5 a day. At the time, smoking seems right, but afterwards I always regret it because of how much worse it makes me feel.

Is it normal for people to feel like this?
What shall I do?
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eat something and go to a ****ing doctor.

How is the internet supposed to help you with this?
Sadian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try your best to move on.
ohokay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
Eat something and go to a ****ing doctor.

How is the internet supposed to help you with this?
Wait weeks to see a doctor and then (if I'm not dead or over it already) be like "yeah I've lost my appetite" and them look at me blankly like er.. yeah? Come back in 2 weeks for a blood test..... yeah NO.

How is the internet supposed to help anyone?
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ohokay)
Wait weeks to see a doctor and then (if I'm not dead or over it already) be like "yeah I've lost my appetite" and them look at me blankly like er.. yeah? Come back in 2 weeks for a blood test..... yeah NO.

If think it's bad enough then swing by A&E, mention you think you might be depressed. If not then eat more & smoke less, that should take care of the vomiting & all the health issues you mentioned.

If you know you are doing things that are detrimental to your health then stop doing them. Maybe phone the Samaritans (08457 90 90 90).
Persephone9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ohokay)

Well if that's all you tell them that probably is all you'll get. How are they supposed to help if you don't give them a bit more information?

You should probably also eat more and smoke less, as it suppresses your appetite.
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Post all the food you're not eating to Africa.

Also, going to A and E and telling them you're depressed?

luls.

Don't waste their ****ing time. All they could possibly do is put you on a drip and tell you to eat. If you're not going to eat when you know that you have to, you deserve to starve.
aurioncorp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello ohokay

I can appreciate what you're going through -- I have been there myself recently and still in the recovery process. What you're experiencing is perfectly normal. It will take time to get over it and depending on the circumstances, how long you were together etc. the time to recover will vary. If you want some advice, please message me. My best advice is to try keeping a clear head and think long ... I know that's easier said than done! Feel free to contact me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads