Live profile - hackers? Watch

Ana*Haifa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I downloaded liveprofile last week and this morning it said "You have been logged on from a different location - server timeout." What the hell does that mean?
The_Rev
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone else has logged into your account from a different location, so as a result of this they have closed your current session and logged you out.

Either someone else is logging in to your account from somewhere else, and if it isn't you then I would change your scan for viruses, depending on whether or not you're on Windows, and then changing your password or their server is being a *****.
ANARCHY__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ana*Haifa)
I downloaded liveprofile last week and this morning it said "You have been logged on from a different location - server timeout." What the hell does that mean?
You might've been keylogged or something. Did you download anything else recently? Also, it may just be something screwed with your phone that seems to things you're logged in at two different locations. I've had this problem with Windows but I wasn't being hacked.
Ana*Haifa
Rep:
?
I have a blackberry curve - I've deleted the programme, but it doesn't want to delete.. so what should I do?
Ana*Haifa
Rep:
?
No I haven't downloaded anything recently - its really odd :/ I've only had it for a few days..
im so academic.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just uninstall it. Not rocket science.
Planar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic.)
Just uninstall it. Not rocket science.

Nice picture lol
ANARCHY__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ana*Haifa)
No I haven't downloaded anything recently - its really odd :/ I've only had it for a few days..
Have you tried signing in from a computer and then back again on your Blackberry? What error messages, if any, come up?
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Rev)
Someone else has logged into your account from a different location, so as a result of this they have closed your current session and logged you out.

Either someone else is logging in to your account from somewhere else, and if it isn't you then I would change your scan for viruses, depending on whether or not you're on Windows, and then changing your password or their server is being a *****.
OP - if you've been logged in on your blackberry and then logged in from your PC, this error message usually comes up.

Quote - are you saying Windows are the only machines to get viruses? :rolleyes:
The_Rev
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Delaney)
OP - if you've been logged in on your blackberry and then logged in from your PC, this error message usually comes up.

Quote - are you saying Windows are the only machines to get viruses? :rolleyes:
Maybe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed